Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I was going to dig up my copies of Batman 579-581 but apparently they are so bad I've hid them from myself.

Fortunately, the arc is fairly well trod comic blog fodder and for good reason. The comics are bad, but also bad in the way that's fun to write about. The story is stupid and barely makes any sense with a unlikable villain and Batman being a weirdo. The art is the funny sort of hideous where Batman spends the whole arc thrusting his crotch and dressing up like a GI Joe.

Oh my god, these used to come with the UK's Batman Legends comic as the "B" story ("A" was Hush, "C" was usually a classic)
EVERYONE I knew who read it absolutely hated the middle stories. Absolute poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Despite being Marvel's flagship title, Fantastic Four has a lot of terrible runs.

It's like the dude just read Animal Man and said "gently caress it".

Also I agree, FF has a disproportionately high amount of terrible runs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

To make things even more confusing, Kieron Gillen is doing a sequel to Origin called Origin II :downs:

Lurdiak posted:

The hell it was. It was by far the weakest link and turned me off the Supreme Power books since it was the first thing I read in that setting. Only later did I find out that the main comics actually had something to say worth reading about (and art that wasn't Dillon).

I agree with this, the SP spinoff was rubbish, main volumes were pretty good apart from the totally rushed ending.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Millar is so hit and miss it's crazy. Any stuff he has full reign on is usually total garbage, Wanted is one of the worst things I've ever read.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I just can't believe anyone would use the name "Hopeless" as a writer :psyduck:

\/\/\/ Heh

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 26, 2013

• Locked thread