Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Like everything else, the religion of comic book characters has been exhaustively chronicled by nerds on the internet, with a detailed compilation of screen caps, scans, transcripts, quotes, interviews and posts from writers, and citations to back it up

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/comic_book_religion.html

Here is wolverine in particular raised Protestant; sometimes atheist; has practiced Buddhism; skeptical seeker

For my bad run, I submit the Hama run of Wolverine, starting with Wolverine 100 in 1996. http://marvel.wikia.com/Wolverine_Vol_2_100
This is where, after the adamantium was ripped out, we got the insanity of bone claws, no nose, puberty 2.0 Logan.

Look at that. It is terrible, both in concept and not particularly interesting in execution.

edit:

Hollis posted:

I am almost positive that Ben Grimm is still practicing judaism, so is Kitty Pryde. Although that's not Christianity its still certainly interesting.

Ben is officially "Jew... ish" as they say. Kinda sorta practices when he remembers. Fantastic Four (Vol. 3) #56 deals with it

Kitty is Jewish, proud of it, and active in her synagogue. It was a minor plot point recently, where Bendis brought it up again to slam the hell out of Remender's "m-word" rant

EDIT 2:
Sabertooth is also Jewish by the way. You may remember that blow up in 1998 over Wolverine #131. If you don't have this:

This was written by Brian K. Vaughan, and while Marvel and Vaughan said that was a typo, I can't really think of any letter substitution there that doesn't make it a racial slur. The reprints changed it to "killer"

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

that site has some...interesting religious choices. Like Alcoholics Anonymous.

Also, they got cute and claimed Joker's religion was being Batman's nemesis.

They list "Communism", "feminism" and "liberal" as religions. If that counts, then Joker's whacked out ideology certainly should.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

I can't find it now, but I remember some incredibly overwrought line from Mary Jane about "I may be a clone, but I love Peter and want to marry him". It was so perfectly soap-opera-ey. The episode has her end up fighting hydroman and they both dissolve, if that helps any

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Wade Wilson posted:

Was there actually anywhere for Runaways to go after The Pride was destroyed by the beings that they worked for?

I mean, yeah, people love Molly's cameos in other stuff and where her character eventually gets to (leader of the X-men, somehow), but has there been anything else good to come out of it?

Not sure if this is before or after the event you mention (its been a long time and I lost interest during the terrible wheldon run) but after The Pride's "territory" became open a bunch of villains came and tried to claim it, resulting in the return of a bunch of silver age c-listers doing cameos as they tried to take over southern California

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Waterhaul posted:

Also in regards to Children's Crusade my favorite part is that Hawkeye hosed a Doombot.

I've seen people write that "Hawkeye is written like Archer these days" but I didn't realize how true that was :allears:

• Locked thread