Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Codependent Poster posted:

So the people who died in Avengers Arena are dead for real. Which includes Juston, Mettle, Red Raven and Reptil. Chris Powell lived and got his amulet back. Bendis immediately whisked away X-23 who Hopeless didn't even use in the last issue, probably thanks to Bendis stealing her out of that loving stupid book. And it ends with Arcade being drawn as an attractive guy with wine and unopened condoms laying around a hotel room implicating that he's totally awesome and is going to get laid so much and he won, and he did it just to get views on youtube.

Fuuuuuuck that series.

So wait, no Runaways were killed? Okay that's a silver lining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Unfortunately it also means he's writing them again in the "second season" where they hunt down Arcade. And no proper Runaways.

God dammit. Marvel I just want a good Runaways Comic. Hell, you can even bring in Clara if you just don't talk about her back story at all. I'll be fine with it. Is that too hard?

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 29, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Skwirl posted:

(If I had my way Batman and Robin would still be Dick and Damien).

Same but with Drake as Red Robin as a kind of back up helper working his own stuff out of the same house. Watching Alfred and the boys act like an actual family and trying to pick up the pieces after dad died was basically the best thing that has happened to Batman comics in like forever.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Madkal posted:

I really wish there was a JLU Question type of character trying to make sense of all this in-universe for the Nu52.

Well the Question could do this if he was anything like the Question anyone actually likes but instead he's stuck as Some Dude A Wizard Cursed and can't be tasked to do anything at all.

Maybe those guys who's job it is to figure out and protect the timeline, Booster Gold and his sister and Future Son could handle it? Wait no, he gave up his memories so the Writers could revert him back to the Pre-Ted boring unfunny Booster.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

massive spider posted:

The decision to use the machine is directly related to the realisation at the end that he's not really the symbol of hope he wanted to be.

But the whole point of the ending is that's kind of explicitly a good thing because now everyone is so fed up with all this super crime that they WILLINGLY give up their freedoms by the time the third movie comes around. The Dent Act or whatever it was called that basically let Gotham PD bend the law to do whatever they thought necessary to catch criminals and we're basically told that that's a Good thing because 'Wow, Gotham city has never been safer!'

Not that I mind that because it's kind of interesting twist to Harvey's legacy. Works his whole life trying to change the world for the better while staying inside the bounds of the law, becomes the villain and dies, and then his name is used on a new law that basically destroys the justice he tried to uphold. That's a pretty interesting story, but the movie doesn't care about it so we get 2+ hours of dumb speeches from Bane that don't make sense and are total lies anyway so they don't matter in the long run.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 5, 2014

• Locked thread