Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Endless Mike posted:

The Other also gave us MJ and Aunt May flying around in old Iron Man armors!

That doesn't sound terrible.

That sounds the opposite of terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jerusalem posted:

They killed the sweet little kid with the giant pet sentinel?

I barely knew the character but he sure as gently caress deserved better than that. gently caress this series.

They all did. Yes, even Hopeless' own characters (although I guess he may have tweaked it so his favourite OCs were the ones that lived while killing off a bunch of disposables to avoid accusations of bias).

Oh and Arcade got away to be followed up in another godawful series with the same lovely writer and the same characters he already poo poo on.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

E the Shaggy posted:

I totally forget why Darkhawk was part of that mess.

Seriously, gently caress that book for killing off Mettle, one of the most interesting characters from Avengers Academy.

They even acknowledged the stupidity of it in the book, with Darkhawk pointing out he's a grown man now.

The characters should not be pointing out your own stupidity in your story.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Evil Mastermind posted:

And what's sad is that killing characters that way is like the laziest way to create drama or tension. And if half the characters are ones you've never heard of, it seriously undercuts what little tension you have.

And if they're ones you like, you're going to be pissed off since they're not likely to win the resurrection jackpot, especially if they get killed if in a lovely manner. I mean look at Barry Allen's death-people mock him for his genericness, but I'm sure he had his fans back in the day. And they probably weren't pissed off (much), because the way he died was meaningful and totally awesome, to the point it became the defining point in his character (which makes his resurrection totally baffling, to be honest). And if you do it wrong, it can backfire. Hell, even Ted's death (which I thought worked pretty well) probably sabotaged the third Blue Beetle because fans were still upset over Ted dying-and that story showed a lot of respect for Ted!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bobkatt013 posted:

Next you will tell me that you could set him on fire and have him run at enemies.

Nah, they had Gambit turn him into a walking bomb instead.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Franklin Richards is a disturbed individual.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

Also the Nintendo version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit had a 1-900 number for hints that was recordings by Jessica Rabbit, so basically they started a phone sex line for 8 year-olds.

I'm pretty sure someone actually called that number (I think it was the Angry Video Game Nerd) for a review and found it is now actually a phone sex line.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mimir posted:

What was that comic that had colors for issue numbers instead of numbers?

Wasn't it that Death Mate crossover thing? That you could supposedly read in any order?

Oh god, why do I know this :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SirDan3k posted:

He enrolled in art college but when the teacher found out Liefeld already had a job drawing comics he said "Then what are you even doing here?"

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat. The guy wanted to improve his technique, what would have happened if he'd been encouraged to pursue it? The guy's pretty consistently regarded as one of the nicest guys in comics. If he'd actually improved his technique, he might have been one of the greats. I hope you're happy, art school teacher guy.

• Locked thread