Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Now I'm biased and I think that Cheshire is a loving awful character that deserves to rot on the comic book limbo but there's something about Tynion's Cheshire that it made me cringe. Oh and he also turned Bronze Tiger on a weretiger because.

Uh, is that a colorist error, or is she walking around bare-assed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't read much DC. Do they contain a larger amount of 'cheesecake' than Marvel?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I got a lot of flak already for my opinion on N52 Starfire but oddly enough, I felt honestly creeped out by N52 Cheshire. Unlike Kory who was more than met the eye (under Lobdell's since Tynion's is awful) I found Cheshire unidimensional, shallow and with serious mary sue-ish traits, the way she has been written with all that emphasis on her sexuality as weapon and her dynamic with Roy made me cringe (she wants Roy as her pet, Roy nicknamed her 'sexy crazy cat lady').

Probably is just a kneejerk reaction to Tynion's awful writing but I still found it odd.
Wasn't there an arc that turned Mary Marvel into a creepy 'fanservice' character?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not going to check but didn't Nightcrawler used to creep on Kitty when she was still underage and he wasn't?
Alternate reality evil Nightcrawler from Belasco's realm groped her, because he was evil and all. I don't recall actual Nightcrawler ever doing anything untoward.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Reed's douchebaggery in those two can be explained, he was doing it to snap Susan out of Malice's mind control... I think

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanderer posted:

You know, to this day, I would pay good money for a Bamf doll.

Yeah, I remember that issue. Hate-Monger was tapping into some doubts Sue had about the entire FF thing and used it to turn her into Malice, who was better at using the force field offensively than Sue ever was.

When they figured it out, Reed decided the best way to snap Sue out of it was to get her even angrier so eventually she'd break the conditioning and come out the other side. It was part of Byrne setting it up so Sue would ditch the Invisible Girl moniker and use Invisible Woman instead, and is kind of the start of the gradual evolution Sue went through in the '80s that turned her into the FF member you least want to gently caress with.
I wonder how todays' badass Sue would react to 60s dishrag Sue?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Was there a point where Sonic turned from a kid's comic into furry fodder, or did it just slowly morph over time?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Onmi posted:

Yes there is. And there's a point where it turned back too.
I'm guessing Penders was to blame.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Be glad she's wearing pants.

There's a tumblr dedicated to the weird and bad art of the Archie Sonic comics.
http://amomentofarchiesonic.tumblr.com/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

That's a bit of a stretch, especially in a film about a self-appointed vigilante who breaks about 200 laws every day.
I think Gotham's problems were probably due to the fact that they couldn't convict anyone who Batman caught.
Think about it, when was the last time Batman gave evidence in court?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stink Terios posted:

Speaking of Sonic Comics, Ken Penders once did a pitch for a Sonic Movie. It's... You know, just watch. And weep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

Remember when some higher-up sent a memo around saying that he "never wanted to see Supergirl's panties again"? Looks like the artists found a way around it by making it panty-time 24/7 and calling it a leotard.
Hopefully he said the same about Mary Marvel.

• Locked thread