Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

E the Shaggy posted:

I...kind of think this is metal as gently caress.
The best part is Silver surfer being like 'im outta here zoooom' in the bottom of the first page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I might be remembering wrong, but my favorite part of DA was the roster sitting around in Avengers tower basically saying 'god this hero poo poo is way too much work, can we take a day off'

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TwoPair posted:

If you'll excuse me I'm going to drink.
The worst part of all of this is, in all its mediocre out of character aggressively self-insert soapboxing glory it was delayed how long and for what?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't think a twelve year old crushing on an 18 year old is innately creepy but that panel is just creepy by itself.

Remove the text from it and just look at the weird image. For one, she doesn't look quite twelve anyway (and Reed looks like a creepy thirty year old door to door salesman) and for two the expression of the adult Sue framing the image is bizarre. And third, it not feeling creepy rotates around it being unrequited affection and it's hard to feel like it's that way given the rest of the shot.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Madkal posted:

Has William Gibson ever written a comicbook? Get on it DC.
That's really funny. The most recent book of his I read stars a woman who, let's see how wikipedia describes it, "a 32-year-old marketing consultant who has a psychological sensitivity to corporate symbols."

Besides I don't think Gibson's writing would really work for an audience that craves Johnsian literalism.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Elfface posted:

Hey, I like Pattern Recognition. It's what cyberpunk would have been if they got the tech and megacorps right, but kept the general insanity. Robo-vagina knuckledusters for everyone!
It's a wonderful book. Very real and yet dreamlike, very different read after finishing his middle trilogy. Though I don't remember it being very cyberpunk like that? I just found the connection between 'Gibson should write Cyborg' and the fact he wrote a book about a character who would probably be unable to read a DC comic for violent allergic reaction just made me chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, what an rear end in a top hat, caring about the continuity of the things he writes and edits.
Instead he should be like Bendis, as Bendis clearly demonstrates how much better writing is when the writer has what could be described as a slipshod, flimsy grasp of the source material and a 'gently caress you make it fit' attitude. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Yyyyyyep.

• Locked thread