Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
I like Udinese and Di Natali is dreamy :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oilcheck my rear end posted:

I like Udinese and Di Natali is dreamy :allears:

Di Natale

First goal of their season was him on a free kick last night. He also tried to chip the keeper on a penalty later in the game but the keeper saved it even after diving in one direction. Di Natale then went up to him and congratulated him before Udinese took the corner. Love that guy.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Antonio of Christmas always brings the gifts

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tbp posted:

Antonio of Christmas always brings the gifts

When he retires every newspaper and commentator in Italy is going to be forced to rework their scripts in December.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Di Natale

First goal of their season was him on a free kick last night. He also tried to chip the keeper on a penalty later in the game but the keeper saved it even after diving in one direction. Di Natale then went up to him and congratulated him before Udinese took the corner. Love that guy.

The best part of Di Natale scoring is the crazy Udinese PA guy that always yells (roughly translated) at the top of his lungs "GOAL FOR UDINESE SCORED BY NUMBER TEN, THE CAPTAIN, ANTONIO, "TOTÓ", DIIIIIII NAAAAAATALE! DIIIIIIII NAAAAAAATALE! DIIIIIII NAAAAAATALE! DIIIIIIIII NAAAAAAAAATALE!"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

nothing beats BOA BOA TENG TENG TENG

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

canepazzo posted:

Massively downgraded sentences for Mauri and Lazio - respectively 6 months and 40k fine, down from 3 years and 6 points penalty (and fine).

It's not that the same shits always win, but also the same shits never get punished.

That's a whole lotta bullshit. I want bad things to happen to Lazio

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Atleast there is some prosecution going on in Italy. That's promising. Other big leagues aren't even looking for this poo poo that is definitely going on. Have to see this as improvement when 10 years ago we'd have never even heard about it.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

The best part of Di Natale scoring is the crazy Udinese PA guy that always yells (roughly translated) at the top of his lungs "GOAL FOR UDINESE SCORED BY NUMBER TEN, THE CAPTAIN, ANTONIO, "TOTÓ", DIIIIIII NAAAAAATALE! DIIIIIIII NAAAAAAATALE! DIIIIIII NAAAAAATALE! DIIIIIIIII NAAAAAAAAATALE!"

He should say it in Friulan imo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

abuse culture. posted:

He should say it in Friulan imo

OOOOOOOH GOL POR UDINESSSSSSSSS

e: gul por udinesss? I can barely understand anything Friulians say.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 2, 2013

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Soulex posted:

nothing beats BOA BOA TENG TENG TENG Tiziano Crudeli

fixed

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Gigi Galli posted:

When he retires every newspaper and commentator in Italy is going to be forced to rework their scripts in December.

I hope someone has the last name Streganona. You polentoni know what that is right? Or even better La Befana, that's a stretch too though...

Funkysauce fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 2, 2013

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Funkysauce posted:

I hope someone has the last name Streganona. You polentoni know what that is right? Or even better La Befana, that's a stretch too though...

Strega Nona e la nonna di Ronaldo lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Did anyone see that Uncle Silvio's one-year prison sentence was upheld?

Maybe Milan will be able to make some proper signings without Galliani having to answer to anyone.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Did anyone see that Uncle Silvio's one-year prison sentence was upheld?

Maybe Milan will be able to make some proper signings without Galliani having to answer to anyone.

Doesn't he get a few more appeal opportunities though?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

Doesn't he get a few more appeal opportunities though?

If this is true, Silvio's never disappearing.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Silvio will serve 0 days of this sentence and in 3 years be brought up on another corruption charge then not serve that one either then die, IMO.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

He has been condemned, on the third and final grade of judgement, to four years.

Three of them he doesn't do because of a law he passed (no joke).

Last one he will do either as house arrests, or community services.

He will have to relinquish his passport (no Champions League matches for him!), he is not electable as prime minister anymore, he is no longer a "Cavaliere", and his ban from political office should be recalculated soon - down to 3 years most likely.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

canepazzo posted:

He has been condemned, on the third and final grade of judgement, to four years.

He will have to relinquish his passport (no Champions League matches for him!), he is not electable as prime minister anymore, he is no longer a "Cavaliere", and his ban from political office should be recalculated soon - down to 3 years most likely.

No longer a Cavaliere?! THIS IS INJUSTICE

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

canepazzo posted:

He's literally a comic book villain.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Jherson Vergara dislocated his shoulder and is out for a month.

Milan defenders :stonkhat:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

As soon as I get back to work I need to coordinate leave schedules with Ryan air and watching some games this season.

Also drove from Nurnburg Germany to Florence. gently caress that drive. That road from Bologna to Florence can kiss my rear end.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Soulex posted:

Also drove from Nurnburg Germany to Florence. gently caress that drive. That road from Bologna to Florence can kiss my rear end.

Roncobilaccio will always hold a special place in my heart, because it's both a Venditti song and where my the keys to my dad's alfa broke in the loving door

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Jherson Vergara dislocated his shoulder and is out for a month.

Milan defenders :stonkhat:

Well, I guess we'll never see him play again!

On the plus side our two starters are still fit.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sandwolf posted:

No longer a Cavaliere?! THIS IS INJUSTICE

No joke, if I could achieve one thing in life it would be to get the title of Cavaliere

I'm so jealous of the world cup winners that received it automatically after 2006.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Duro posted:

No joke, if I could achieve one thing in life it would be to get the title of Cavaliere

I'm so jealous of the world cup winners that received it automatically after 2006.

My great great grandfather was a Cavaliere, back when there was still an actual king to confer the title. I have no hereditary claims to any fun titles though :saddowns:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So apparently Ljajic only wants Milan. What the gently caress is this dude thinking. Milan's front is set. He'd be a bench player or sub for shaarawy.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I doubt that's the case. I have a feeling he'll be a starting 11 player if he is signed if only because no way were making 8-10m euro bids for a player to sit on the bench in this era of ffp.

I just wish we'd sign honda already ffs, get someone in the hole. I'd guess ljajic could even play there if he does arrive, but I didn't see many of his matches in the second half of last season so I'm not sure where he's best (and the Fiorentina matches I saw before that he wasn't that impressive)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ljajic would start on the wrong side of a 4-3-3 and with Mario and El Shaarawy. Out of position? Yes. Out of money? Nope.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Everyone seems really excited for ljajic, should I be also? I know he had a good half season, but like I said before, I haven't seen many of his good performances.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

grvm posted:

Everyone seems really excited for ljajic, should I be also? I know he had a good half season, but like I said before, I haven't seen many of his good performances.

He was really good when he hit his peak form. Good enough to demand time alongside Milan's other forwards I think. But I do also understand being unconvinced by such a small stretch of games.

If it all pans out for him, I think he'll be great. But he also looks like a bit of a headcase, could see him being like a Cassano type where you never know what you're going to get.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The first round of the Coppa Italia was today; TBP will be happy to know that Ponte San Pietro-Isola defeated Ascoli, who are 2 divisions above them. Unfortunately, my pick TorreNeapolis was crushed 4-1 by AlbinoLeffe.

Vicenza also won 3-1 against a team two divisions below them, FeralpiSaló.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Terrible weekend for friendlies in Italy:

Napoli lost 3-1 to Porto
Inter lost 4-0 to Valencia
Milan lost 2-0 to Chelsea

and best for last:

Juve lost 3-1 to... L.A. Galaxy

Our Uefa coefficient gonna be in the gutter this year :smith:

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
How did Juve lost to LA Galaxy? Did they play their D team or what?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Judging from the first half of the game, they simply couldn't be arsed to actually show up. They got beaten by Everton, too.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Juve played mostly 2nd string players or players out of position against Everton and in the first half against LA Galaxy, but it was most of the first team in the 2nd half against LA (when they conceded 2 goals to lose). They've looked low on energy/effort and some players look rusty, particularly Llorente.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan and Fiorentina's directors are having a bit of a war of words with each other over Ljajic. Milan made an offer by fax for 8 million Euros last week and Fiorentina later issued a statement saying that the bid was "inadmissable, late and certainly inappropriate". Galliani countered saying that Milan made a decent offer in the transfer window through an official channel. The whole thing stems that Fiorentina are claiming that Milan also contacted one of Ljajic's agents or somebody associated with him rather than just the club. One of Fiorentina's directors brought up the Montolivo transfer which was never really friendly to begin with.

At this point I bet Fiorentina sells Ljajic to somebody else for less, if they sell him at all. No way is he going to Milan unless an absurd offer is made. Also I feel the two games between Milan and Fiorentina are going to be nasty this year. I hope we can still be posting buddies, canepazzo :(

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Milan and Fiorentina's directors are having a bit of a war of words with each other over Ljajic. Milan made an offer by fax for 8 million Euros last week and Fiorentina later issued a statement saying that the bid was "inadmissable, late and certainly inappropriate". Galliani countered saying that Milan made a decent offer in the transfer window through an official channel. The whole thing stems that Fiorentina are claiming that Milan also contacted one of Ljajic's agents or somebody associated with him rather than just the club. One of Fiorentina's directors brought up the Montolivo transfer which was never really friendly to begin with.

At this point I bet Fiorentina sells Ljajic to somebody else for less, if they sell him at all. No way is he going to Milan unless an absurd offer is made. Also I feel the two games between Milan and Fiorentina are going to be nasty this year. I hope we can still be posting buddies, canepazzo :(

You give me back my Champions League qualifier and we'll call it even :D

How I understand it: Ljajic's agent was/is Furtula, when he arrived in Italy. Neither of them spoke Italian so they leaned on Ramadani, Jovetic's agent, as a liaison. Legal words go here and now both Furtula (and Ljajic's dad) and Ramadani are claiming to be the only official agent for Ljajic. So Fiorentina are talking with Ramadani for a renewal, and Milan are talking with Furtula for a transfer/sabotage of the renewal.

It's gonna be ugly; there's three options, way I see it:

1) he renews with a medium release clause (12-15), then next year we'll see;
2) he doesn't renew and we sell him abroad for 8-10;
3) he doesn't renew cause he already has an agreement with Milan, he spends the year in the stands and then goes to Milan next year, a-la Zarate.

In other news, we might be snatching a Julio Cesar; he'll be good/great for a year I guess, for the World Cup, then we gotta find someone younger/more reliable.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 5, 2013

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuylbPlzbH0

Balotelli playing Il Canto degli Italiani.

Pirlo watches on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

You give me back my Champions League qualifier and we'll call it even :D

How I understand it: Ljajic's agent was/is Furtula, when he arrived in Italy. Neither of them spoke Italian so they leaned on Ramadani, Jovetic's agent, as a liaison. Legal words go here and now both Furtula (and Ljajic's dad) and Ramadani are claiming to be the only official agent for Ljajic. So Fiorentina are talking with Ramadani for a renewal, and Milan are talking with Furtula for a transfer/sabotage of the renewal.

It's gonna be ugly; there's three options, way I see it:

1) he renews with a medium release clause (12-15), then next year we'll see;
2) he doesn't renew and we sell him abroad for 8-10;
3) he doesn't renew cause he already has an agreement with Milan, he spends the year in the stands and then goes to Milan next year, a-la Zarate.

In other news, we might be snatching a Julio Cesar; he'll be good/great for a year I guess, for the World Cup, then we gotta find someone younger/more reliable.

This makes a lot of sense now, I was wondering who the hell Milan were in contact with; from what I read in La Gazzetta, they made it sound like it was a member of Ljajic's family that wasn't his agent (his dad, I guess). It's a pretty sneaky move by Milan; way to take advantage of a questionable situation...which is Galliani's best skill, really.

Interesting that you guys are in for Julio Cesar, but like you said that would be a great 1 year deal for him and Fiorentina. You better hope he does better for Fiorentina than he did at his last year at Inter, though.

Sandwolf posted:

Balotelli playing Il Canto degli Italiani.

Pirlo watches on.

He's pretty good :3:

e: aw boo it's fake

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 5, 2013

• Locked thread