Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
And that's it. Tons to cleanup/sorting to work through.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
O_O wow that a hell of an update

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

How tf are you standing much less posting if that was your year.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Jesus, what possessed you to buy a Jeep?

So sorry to hear about your friend, that's horrible that he didn't even find out till the last minute.

Electrical upgrades and building work look great, I think I see some of the famed Rainbow Root that you dug up midway? It looks like we use the same incorrect tools while driving ground rods, too, I had to beat a few silly with a T-post driver while doing the electrical service install at my inlaws new woodshop this summer. My Makita rotary hammer wouldn't even touch them for the last few feet after we hit hardpan.

Can't believe the amount of car stuff you managed to get done too, I wish I made even a tenth that kind of progress this year.

I think imgur may have done you dirty because unless I'm just blind, a fair number of the pictures are repeated several times in multiple posts. I actually gave up on using their official app some time ago and use another app (unfortunately no longer available from the app store, guessing they got a cease&desist) to do all my uploading.

Now I'm even madder that I didn't manage to make it to Gambler 500 OG this year, too.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Even if I disconnected from technology completely I don't think I would accomplish 1/5 what you did, that's amazing. 912 looks great, 3-rotor 911 and a bunch of other stuff is truly impressive.

edit: Is that a courier or equivalent?

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 19, 2023

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Man that's an incredible amount of work, how do you fit it all in?

The weirdo restoration side of me was way too excited to see the wet blasting set up and blower assembly rebuild.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Holy crap. Welcome back!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

O_O wow that a hell of an update

NitroSpazzz posted:

edit: Is that a courier or equivalent?

Rotary Engine Pickup, AKA REPU. So, sorta.

Let's see...
Vapor blaster - cool. I'd love to build one of those.
Cerakote aluminum bits after vapor blasting? Niiiiice.
3-rotor 911? :thumbsup:

I see some rotary destruction - boo! Including your own white car? Looks like oil starvation? And I also saw a drain plug ripped off of a sump? Related?

Turbo destruction, too.

Garage door destruction?

Well system destruction? also booo.

I have a friend that would love that Ninja. He has a couple already.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I'm curious about what happened to the garage door.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

boxen posted:

I'm curious about what happened to the garage door.

Yeaaaa... Apparently the door dropped just a hair further than I expected while working on the truck.
Without thinking I backed out and cost myself $756. At least the panel was in stock and my friend company came and took care of it.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I've decided due to IMGUR's awesome shittastic app - I'll just repost the interesting ones.

First up: I hopped on the cheap Chinese Diesel Heater bandwagon. These are a knockoff of the German made Wabasco units found in Tractors/Semi's. They've become incredibly popular with the offroad/camping/tiny home community. For $106 shipped, I said why not. It's the 8kw Vevor unit.

It puts out ~200F heat and burns a US 1gal tank of diesel at full power in ~8 hours. I can easily add 15-20F to the 1500sqft shop temps.
Which in our mild winter climate brings it to 50-60F. I'd like to try a EGR cooler and water circulation, because the exhaust is easily 200F.
I double walled the passthrough under the garage door, no worries there.

I've seen people mention 1-2kw recovery from just the exhaust. I'm impressed so far, but I don't expect this to be a long term solution.
Eventually I want to get the heated floors going. I'm researching hydronic heat pumps, but as they are new to the NA market the pricing is unreasonable, not to mention the lack of vendor support.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 21, 2023

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

BEES

Are they new? I started beekeeping this year and I'm obsessed. Vanessa has to pull me away from anyone that asks me about it because it sends me off into talking about the study on mite drift from robbing vs collapse.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
BIG TAINT - do you need any supplies? I'm on year 7 or 8 and I have so much crap. Queen cages, smokers, drone frames. The boxes are terrible to ship, but I have a ton of flat pack 10 frame stuff that just needs nailed together.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Let's try monthly updates. Works gone a weeeee bit crazy the last year and I only seem to have an hour here or there to even go out to the shop. We're being acquired/merged with by the largest teaching hospital in the state... wish me luck.

I really, REALLY want to finish the 93 R1 CYM and have it driving/movable. I've got all the parts, engine has been sitting on a stand for a year, and it's my primary focus for when I do have spare time.

SO, what a better way to get back started on a project than taking it apart more - what?

As I started disassembling the rats nest, my OCD took over. I had put all of this time into vapor blasting all of the accessories, they just looked so dull next to the shiny newish looking bits. Add some new hardware in and all the sudden you can see every bolt I've touched - and more importantly what I had not. So I did what any ADHD person would do and tore the car down, separating the Yellow and Green chromates, and found a local plater.

Over the next few weeks, I ran up to borrow Rob's large blasting cabinet and parts washer, adding more and more parts to the batch. After stoping and talking with the platers, they warned their minimum batch size was quite large. I dug through bins and boxes, pulling out more and more hardware, which entailed having to clean more and more.

I've also stripped several parts to paint black. I'm too lazy to wire up my powder coating oven right now mid-new panel install. So some brake caliper paint will do nicely.

While the engine bay was "stripped", I went ahead and degreased/pressure washed it.

And then the ice came...

While we were untouched, the greater Portland area got 1-4" of snow+ice. I had dropped the parts off JUST before the ice. My immediate fear is they left something in solution and went home/couldn't return. Thankfully this was just me worrying for no reason. A few days after things started to melt I got the call to pickup my parts.

Unpacking was like opening gifts on Christmas, but it quickly turned into more like opening gifts from grandma. Something was wrong.
I started finding parts at the bottom of the boxes that did not match the others. The green chromate had a huge color swing - from dark green to an almost military brown.
The yellow chromate however, it was hiding the true horrors.

The camera just doesn't do it justice. The majority of the yellow chromate looked beautiful - and you can tell they individually racked and wired each part. But the parts they
ran through the barrel process looked off. They came out almost rose gold.

The finish was just meh. Lackluster. I consulted with some car friends and they convinced me to leave it be. Now, what I've left out you should know before commenting "take it back!" - The platers warned me their barrel had been down. This is a red flag. They likely did not change the bath when restarting it. Secondly, I tossed it 10LB of brand new hardware, which had an olive drab finish I wanted stripped. I don't think it came fully off and it dyed the bath. After playing around with the parts, I'm going to go ahead and keep moving forward with the project. I will be stopping it to ask how I can prevent this in the future - and honestly I'm likely to try their competition next time. The issues with the green chromate color shift and the other consistency issues with the nice looking yellow have me wanting to try somewhere else. Lesson learned.

But drat, drat does it look good even with the noted slight color difference.

In an attempt to keep this zinc looking as-good-as-possible for as-long-as-possible, I ordered some Cerakote all purpose air cure clear. I was really happy with the Aluminum clear, so I figured why not.

Now, this had a rather unexpected benefit. The VERY yellow turned into a nice matte, slightly duller finish. Closer matching the rose-gold batch. I kinda like it. The real test is how well will it hold up.

I spent yesterday sorting out 1 FD's worth of hardware from this batch.

In the end, here's the left overs for future projects (including the ziplocks full of new hardware).

Tomorrow I start reassembling the engine and its accessories.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Oh and for the curious as to why the FD was outside during the ice storm: Our Tesla broke following a trip to visit my parents in Eastern Oregon.
The PTC heater failed per the service codes. It was just above 5F when we were there and given the daily warm up cycle, I'm not surprised. Before
investigating if I could hack the existing PTC unit back to life, I stopped to inquire on a new unit from Tesla directly. I was disappointed to learn that
it would be 6 weeks minimum to get the part.

Seeing as in 14F weather, the car was unusable, I said gently caress it and decided to crack her open. Having read a handful of encouraging forum posts where users "repaired" their heaters, I had high hopes for a temporary fix. Sadly it's too low for my lift and I didn't feel like blocking It up (would have blocked the doors anyways).

Using the service manual I went ahead and disconnected the 12v/High Voltage.

And then proceeded to curse at Tesla for MAKING YOU CUT AN ACCESS PANNEL OFF THE HVAC BOX WITH A KNIFE. The new heater comes with the "patch panel" for an extra $116. Those bastards.

After minor blood loss, here's the unit.

And here's where I was stuck. For a week. The bastards used a 5 lobe security bit. The 4-5" of snow and ice I mentioned previously? Yea. It stopped all deliveries for a week until things dethawed. So this guy got to hang out in the warm garage on jack stands. I tried grinding one and gave up. There was no rush.

After finally breaking into it, I found nothing wrong. Unlike other forum posts (3, lol) that found a bad element they were able to "remove the tabs" connecting it, all of my elements were within 10%. No transistors, caps, or anything we tested appeared bad. My brother offered to check it out and we stopped short at connecting to the CAN bus. It's just not worth it.

So. I've been driving a car with no heat, because I'm stubborn, for the last two weeks while my wife DD's her Jeep to work.The part might be here this month?
Cost, $616.
Oh and our drivers mirror stripped out. I'm just not amused with this car right now. Maybe once it's back in DD status, it will wear off - but it the mean time I've been day dreaming on Carvana/Car Max/TrueCar.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 2, 2024

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'd be annoyed at the mixed results on the zinc - but I also think the end result looks fantastic even with that.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'd be annoyed at the mixed results on the zinc - but I also think the end result looks fantastic even with that.

Yeah and once assembled, you're probably the only person who will ever know. I love that you also painted the aluminium bits silver too, the number of people I see trying all sorts of poo poo to get a perfect finish when just coating it woul solve the problem.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I may be as un-picky as they come but personally I'd just run the mismatched plating and forget about it. Plating of any kind beats crusty corrosion and rust in my book. If you sent me a mixed bag of both colors with a new product I'd notice the difference and assume it was just a lot to lot or supplier to supplier variation and install it without a second thought.

That being said, I'd definitely give another shop a shot next time, might as well try em all till you find the one that gets you the best most repeatable results.

I really wish Tesla would stop trying to apply software developer techbro "move fast and break stuff" innovation to durable goods. They do stuff like that and it's just... Why. There was no need to reinvent that wheel poorly just to relearn the already learned lessons on why not to invent it poorly that way again.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
That was the just of the conversation I had with my car buddies. Overall, it's good. Which is better than what was there and good enough for me. This isn't a show car. I'll be the only one to know.

Plus drat, does it look good.

quote:

I love that you also painted the aluminium bits silver too, the number of people I see trying all sorts of poo poo to get a perfect finish when just coating it would solve the problem.

Oh I hate to disappoint(?), but I only clear coated the aluminum bits. No silver/aluminum paint here... I'll do a post about the vapor blasting setup I built. It was... worth it?

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

So the heater wasn't getting turned off by a malfunctioning downstream temperature sensor?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I'd love to build a vapor blasting setup when I have room. I've got a regular media blaster, but vapor blasting is more cumbersome rig, and potentially a lot messier (water...) so it needs space to be messy in. The results from a vapor blaster are amazing, especially aluminum.

Thirding or fourthing or whatever the plating. Annoying variations, but still looks good. Better than I can do, anyway. I'd love to know how they manage to get the shiny finish out of the tank. As I understand it, that's like the industry's biggest secret. I always have to polish.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Darchangel posted:

I'd love to build a vapor blasting setup when I have room. I've got a regular media blaster, but vapor blasting is more cumbersome rig, and potentially a lot messier (water...) so it needs space to be messy in. The results from a vapor blaster are amazing, especially aluminum.

Thirding or fourthing or whatever the plating. Annoying variations, but still looks good. Better than I can do, anyway. I'd love to know how they manage to get the shiny finish out of the tank. As I understand it, that's like the industry's biggest secret. I always have to polish.

echoing this, I have a cheap media blasting setup I don't use much because of it being slow and messy, curious about vapor blasting or if i should just reseal my poo poo better.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

the spyder posted:

Oh I hate to disappoint(?), but I only clear coated the aluminum bits. No silver/aluminum paint here... I'll do a post about the vapor blasting setup I built. It was... worth it?

Aahh my bad. Speaks to how well the blasting worked though!

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

The finish on all those bits looks amazing. Bummer about the mismatch but it'll still look like a time capsule vs crusty steel.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
February has come and gone. I want to say I've been more productive this last month, but with the winter slump in full force and unfavorable weather, I enjoyed far too much couch time.

So, I got out of the house and headed to my friends shop. I've had a backlog of projects and it's time to get them knocked out.

The first order of business was to inventory and prioritize 6 engines. (6!) First up: The 13B-REW from the 96 RHD I pulled apart last fall. The owner has committed funds to get this back on the road. The plates were cleaned, blasted, and minor port cleanup performed.

We're ordering new seals and rotor housings. Here's one from the core. Cracked spark plug holes, chipping chrome, and "Devils fingernails". It will make a nice clock.

I've been making solid progress the last week on other projects, but that's for the next update.

So, that brings us to my fathers latest project. A few weeks back he sent me a link to marketplace for a 1937 Cadillac LaSalle.
In one photo it was fully assembled on a tow truck, but the remainder showed it in pieces. The ad had an unbelievable low mileage listed- only 17,000.
My dad headed down and I brought my truck/trailer along just incase he made a bad decision.

The car was located at a speed shop. It had been sitting outside, partially covered, for the past 4 months. The story, if you believe it, was that the
owner brought it to their shop following a carb/engine fire. The car was disassembled to be repaired, mainly an engine bay respray. The owner
passed away during this time. The son who inherited the car decided they did not want it and picked up the car, disassembled, on a flat bed. When
the shop asked if he wanted the parts, he said no. The shop owners regularly check auctions to buy LS swap donors (2 were present when I was there)
and the 37 popped up. The son had donated it for a tax write off. They bought it back, at a decent cost, bidding against the LeMay collection (local car museum).
Initially they planned to build a "Gentalmans hotrod", with a stock body and nicely modded motor with dual carbs and new heads. Instead, they ended up
moving shops and ran out of space. The engine was haphazardly tossed in the chassis and the car pushed outside, eventually finding itself on marketplace.

After finding 95% of the missing parts (Carb, hood rods, misc brackets, distributor, and misc brackets), he decided we had to bring it back to life.
It appears to be fully restored, new wiring harness, original paint/interior, new(er) tires, brakes, hoses, etc. It's amazing overall. There's not a single
spot of rust on the chassis. The asking price for those wondering was 1/6th the price of one with 100K miles.

However, there's plenty of rust in the engine. I can not believe the shop did NOT COVER THE drat ENGINE. If I'm lucky we can save it without a full rebuild.
But judging by the crusty layer on some of the cylinder walls, we're looking at a significant overhaul.

All over the car are plaques and stickers from car shows. This was someones baby.

Now here's what's crazy: Here's a news article my dad found about the owners father who owned it:
https://dartmouth.theweektoday.com/article/meet-horace-wildes-history-buff-car-collector-farmer/26218
I'm amazed there's a digital record of this car in any form.
There's a lot of mystery to uncover, but at least it's in good hands now. I expect this to be a long term project, as it's proving difficult to find some of the missing parts.
The upside is, the LeMay staff offered to help the shop, let's hope they will help us.

Did I mention we have NO WHERE TO PUT THIS drat THING? :D Oh well, guess some cars will have to leave the fleet.

From my work.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 6, 2024

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Welcome to spring 2024. Or March, either way. Early post, because I've got a cold bug and am killing time sitting on the couch.

LaSalle Update: The engine is out! We're out of room in the shop (theme of this project) so off to the wood-floored barn it goes. I'll have more to update later, once I grab the next batch of photos, but TL:DR: gently caress the PO.

Tesla Update: I finally have loving heat after 2 months. The part kept showing as back ordered, appointments would get scheduled and canceled (assuming they sold the part and then updated the ticket).

Props to my buddy Jesse for getting the last duct snapped in I couldn't quite get.

Engine projects update: I've been playing around with Air-Cure Cerakote at home. Pictured is their Burnt Bronze, Glacier Silver, and Glacier Black.
Looking back, I'm not sure there's any real value in doing this to the engine irons. A high quality engine paint or caliper paint will hold up just as well.
But overall I'm happy with the results.

*Forbidden dominos*

Fixed.

Next is something I've always wanted to try, but never had a large enough ultrasonic cleaner. My brother bought a 10l Vevor unit for our dad for Christmas and I happen to have a few gallons of Simple Green's Precision/Aircraft parts cleaner on hand.

Initially I was concerned the bearing material would be damaged by the process/cleaner - so I grabbed this junk rotor that was rusted solid. It had new bearings prior to being left outside... Every seal was stuck solid.

After an hour, there looked to be no change. Some of the stuck side seal even came out.

So I grabbed the S5 Turbo II rotors from one of the projects and put it to work.

I should have done this years ago. This worked so well, I cleaned every rotor for my projects in the shop. A 30 minute dip, saves an hour of hand cleaning - and even better, no carb cleaner required.

And finally, a long overdue CYM project update.

Last month I started to reassemble the engine. When I went to install the oil injectors, I noticed the rear housing had a deformed looking hole in the brass insert that acts as the restrictor between the rotor housing compression chamber and the oil injector. I could not pass air through it and rather stupidly, I attempted to clean it, only to have the fine pointed tool break off.

Sooooo apart comes the rebuilt engine. I even had a helper, for a bit. :).

Now here's something that caught me off guard - apparently I pinched a water seal during assembly last year. It passed a pressure test at 20LB with no issues, but still not good for long term. Glad I tore it down and it's proof I'm not perfect :D.

I ordered a brand new set of housings from Mazda via Blackhawkjapan. I chose to go new because I can reuse the low mile housings in my single turbo car with no OMP. It was a win-win. At least that's what I tell myself when I look at the CC statement :(.
It went back together with no fuss.

Oil pan glued back on. (Smearing and 1 hour wait not pictured).

Tonight I'll let the motor sit with 21lb's in it to ensure the water seals are good.

Depending on how I feel, I might start re-assembling the externals tomorrow. I'd love to get this in the car and running soon, but my priority is the 5 engines pictured above now that Cerakote'ing is done.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 26, 2024

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I am always in awe of how much you get done. And the quality of the pictures, let alone the content.

Hopefully you're feeling better soon!

You mentioned Blackhawkjapan, how do they compare to Rhdjapan? Assuming you've used both?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I've used Blackhawkjapan a few times last year for bits on my ZN6, a lot of things are cheaper than rhdjapan but their site is harder to search for stuff. Shipping hasn't been massively fast but then I never expect it to be from Japan to Europe.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

McTinkerson posted:

I am always in awe of how much you get done. And the quality of the pictures, let alone the content.

Hopefully you're feeling better soon!

You mentioned Blackhawkjapan, how do they compare to Rhdjapan? Assuming you've used both?

Thanks, I took the week off for spring break with the kids and this was not in my plans. Our vacation turned staycation.

I've used Blackhawk, Nengun, and RHD Japan with success. I generally just shop around who's going to be cheapest as this point.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
While I've been recovering from this cold, I've made decent progress on the engine.

First up - the engine did NOT pass the pressure test. After going over it with a stethoscope and striking out, I decided to soak it with dawn+water.
Bingo.

Now these are Pineapple Racing's Viton water seals and I was 99.8% certain I did not pinch another water seal. With the engine never being ran/reusing the seals after sitting for months, I decided to channel my inner "Rob" (owner of PR) and carefully apply heat.

Bingo. Bringing the housing up to 120F for a few minutes fixed the issue. When this engine is fully heat cycled, it should allow the seals to reshape/relax.

Next up: I accidentally left some parts in the ultrasonic cleaner. 95% of the paint came off. So I decided to what anyone with a powdercoating setup could do.

The parts were ran through the vapor blaster to prep them for powder.

I had some 2? year old powder and initially I was worried, it did NOT lay down nice at all.

Very nice esp considering now it laid down. Now some of the painted parts look shabby... (Foreshadowing here)

Random package update:
I had ordered some abrasives and burrs from Benchmark to try, we'll see how they do.

With the engine ready for assembly, I started going through all the parts and getting everything ready. I'll be happy when the two folding tables are gone and I have my walking space back in the shop. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves for now, as I'm still not feeling 100%.

Next up: Building the rats nest/installing the wiring harness.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 30, 2024

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I didn't know Simple Green made a specialized parts cleaner goo. I've just been using the normal off-the-shelf hardware store concentrate in my 30L.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I have just one question.

How the gently caress do you get so much done?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

kastein posted:

"I'm still not feeling 100%"

*rebuilds entire engine*

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

kastein posted:

Same.

Also that looks like it's brand new.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I didn't know Simple Green made a specialized parts cleaner goo. I've just been using the normal off-the-shelf hardware store concentrate in my 30L.

It works great. With two exceptions.
1) If a painted part has any scratches, it will start to lift the paint after ~30 minutes and 50C.
2) Zinc plated parts will be bare metal if left forgotten at the bottom of the basket. Useful in some cases, not for restorations.

I'm going to stick with ~30 minutes max unless the parts are bare.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

kastein posted:

Anxiety?
Crossed wires?

It's not caffeine. I can't even manage a cup of half-calf.

We definitely grew up in a large family where you learned/worked to make/have nice things. I remember my dad hiring a roofer once and a well service company, other than that, we did everything.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Since I'm here, this post brings us to today.

When I mocked up the alternator, I managed to scratch the recently epoxy painted alternator bracket.

To be fair, I painted it on a barely 50F day with a cold can. I was asking for adhesion problems.

So, into the parts washer it and the other brackets I painted that day went into the ultrasonic cleaner. I decided the acc belt tensioner would look out of place, so in it went. Why not make 2 while I'm here...

I decided to tear down the shifter and some spares while I had the cleaner running.

This one is headed to the scrap pile.

Safety princess wanted to vapor blast, but she's not quite big enough yet to see through the window.

One of the last "things needing refinishing" are the oil cooler lines. There's corrosion, damaged zinc, rust. So, into the cabinet they go.

I fired the oven up and got the powder coating wrapped up.

Today I'm hoping my Cerakote order shows up and I can paint the oil lines.

While everything else was going on yesterday, I finished installing the rats nest and engine harness.

It looks amazing. Hindsight being what it is, you'd have to be crazy to go to this level of detail. Or be paid a ton to do it. I took this engine down farther than I've ever done before, and yet I stopped at 95%. That last 5% would have taken another several months and at this point I just want to drive the car.

So today, while I wait for the Cerakote, I'll start on the engine bay.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 30, 2024