Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Keep it up man! Started following the thread for the awesome car stuff, and I'm really enjoying the garage build process bit too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

In addition to getting the wrapping up to the eaves, use a large broom to sweep the majority of the water off the slab, and run fans inside. Air movement will help get the water into the air far more quickly. Also, run all the space heaters you have inside the shop area. Won't make a huge difference to the overall internal temperature, but warmer air = faster absorption of water. You won't likely hit 100% relative humidity, so I wouldn't worry too much about water dropping out as it cools.

Conversely you could throw down a bunch of salt, which would lower the freezing point of water, but I'm not sure what damage that might do to the slab.

I'm assuming you can't turn on the in floor heating yet as it's not fully connected, right?

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

My garage has 240/1P, what size service are you trying to get? Most electric motors are tri-voltage these days (208-230/460) so unless you need 230/3P 460 is better because your wire size can be smaller.

And I figured you had already thought about sweeping the water off / the rest of it (and probably the above electrical stuff too!) but hey, never know!

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Ah, cool stuff. Phase converters are loving expensive though. If you hit that point take a look at using a VFD to generate the extra phase instead. Not sure if it's just because of the quantities we buy where I work, but typically our pricing on VFD's is better than phase converters.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Man that tank is worth more than 100$. I'm guessing it's got a little relay panel to go with it?

Jealous, I wish I could find something like that for a hundred bux.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

When your wife kills you I'm taking the Exocet.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I can't wait to see you tear it apart and build it back up :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Love the updates, but typically don't post because I don't have much to add other than great work. I really enjoy all the fabrication stuff, like those mounts and how you fixed them.