Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
I'm really looking forward to this thread. I know almost nothing about rotaries except they are a spinning apex seal joke. Maybe I can learn something new here. I've got a secret crush on some of those cars, just don't tell my Mopar centric family!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
I just got done with my latest round of equipping my shop. It's so expensive it's not even funny. All that little crap adds up too, fittings and tubing for the compressor, shelves for parts storage and all that goes along with having a shop. Once it's mostly done though it's well worth it. Until you decide you need to re-arrange some things.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

the spyder posted:

I :heart: this torch.

Is that a CK torch?

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
If you're going to be doing a lot of aluminum check this out: http://www.weldmongerstore.com/tig-finger/ It will change your religion. I'm about to pick up an older hobart tigwave and resell it to pay for a new Everlast 225LX tig.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

the spyder posted:

I ordered a 3 pack a few days back- I couldn't have gotten this far without Jody's videos.

I've been watching them non-stop for about a week. That guy is awesome, I keep playing with my HF cheapo welder whining to my wife that I want a tig... Now she wants to learn to weld after watching his video's, maybe I can convince her we need a tig and an MPS system...

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

the spyder posted:

I want to get a helium bottle and mixing valve now, haha. I think I watched his entire channel a month or so back.

Almost every episode I found some new toy I wanted. Now I just have to figure out paying for them. My poor little shop is having a crisis, it doesn't know whether it's a moto shop or a metal shop!

I bet that car is going to run like a raped ape, I really like the intercooler setup, I've never seen it done like that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
Speak of the devil, awesome to see the tig fingers show up. Oh and a deadline! All you need now is some roid raging douche screaming and yelling constantly and you have a reality show my friend! Just kidding, looks like good work. How do you dyno a rotary? Do you need a different type of dyno than a "normal" engine? I'd love to know what numbers that thing puts down.