Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

gently caress that is good looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Split the difference and get an 06-07 wrx or forester XT.

It'll have some balls, be reliable, and not murder MPG-wise, but not 30 large like an STi or Evo.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

leica posted:

Wow. Still with the full kit and motor/trans you're looking at close to 10k....But if the shell is really clean it would be totally worth it.

Could probably save a lot of money using a truck motor too, I forget which Chevy is the popular one but lots of people are going with them since the LS motors are getting expensive. But then the question would be if the kit would work or not.

5.3 LM7 is the go to. But the blocks are all similar on the outside so you can bolt in an iron 4.8 all the way up to an alu 6.0.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I just shot a ten foot rope of jizz

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

99 was a weird year.

Notice the twin air boxes. They transitioned from MAF to MAP and were like what should we do with the intake gently caress IT USE BOTH

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

There is something really satisfying about pressing in new bushings.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

You aren't alone on being utterly burnt out.

I've started trying to downsize too. Sold my impreza coupe because I wasn't doing anything with it and my land cruiser turned out to be a massive project.

I'm actually outsourcing some land cruiser work because I want it back on the road and can't be bothered to spend more time on it when I keep getting roadblocked. So I feel you on having a bunch of parts and projects and just being completely burnt out and not enjoying it.

I've gotten pretty lucky lately and some good friends are helping make my shop fun again instead of a place I hate being at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Darchangel posted:

I'd love to build a vapor blasting setup when I have room. I've got a regular media blaster, but vapor blasting is more cumbersome rig, and potentially a lot messier (water...) so it needs space to be messy in. The results from a vapor blaster are amazing, especially aluminum.

Thirding or fourthing or whatever the plating. Annoying variations, but still looks good. Better than I can do, anyway. I'd love to know how they manage to get the shiny finish out of the tank. As I understand it, that's like the industry's biggest secret. I always have to polish.

echoing this, I have a cheap media blasting setup I don't use much because of it being slow and messy, curious about vapor blasting or if i should just reseal my poo poo better.