Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

the spyder posted:

And installed a head unit.

This is the best non-supercar 90's dash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Super jealous. Really excited for posts regarding outfitting this thing with storage.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Looks great, Spyder. Super jealous of your setup.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

the spyder posted:

I'm torn on mine. I think for fencing it would be fine, but I had no idea I was buying in to the "Bostitch" system when I bought it. No one local carries Bostitch nails, so I end up ordering them of Amazon. I've tried using Porter Cable/Senco/Hitachi nails and they all suck in it. Misfires/bent nails, it was a nightmare nailing the sheathing with this thing- even after ordering the correct nails. I've had constant issues with it over/under driving nails (which is partially my fault- the regulator on my compressor is dead). If I did it all over again, I would buy the more expensive Hitachi, but only due to nail availability.

Amazingly enough, outside of issues caused by my bad regulator- it's done amazing on this siding. I'm impressed, but not enough to stop wishing I had the Hitachi.

My grandpa went HAM on refurb hitachi tools a few years ago when the local distributor went belly up. I'm pretty sure he got a bomb-rear end 10 gal, 50 pound portable compressor and a right angle drill that's still going strong like 12+ years on for sub 250 bucks. When you can find actual, green, branded Hitachis, pick them up.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Your toy shed is amazing and I wish I had the time, ability or money to use any of them like you will.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
yeah I mean I and my friends do plenty of car stuff but my end goal is a shop with 32 foot ceilings so I can comfortably work underneath a 10 meter sailboat on a hoist. This shop is a good, "shoot-for" goal with the requisite mods, of course.

e: mostly because we have an open a frame with a 4 ton hoist at the sailing club that we take 9000 pound boats up on all the time and its scary as hell and I don't wanna do that anymore

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
And I thought I was badass for finally getting the stuck exhaust mani stud out of my m20 head this weekend. You sir are a goddamn magician.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

the spyder posted:

I also stopped by a local dealer to pick up some parts. He was able to find me NOS caps for the MS01s wheels, $36/each from Mazda.

The fact that he was able to get you these is impressive. Having a good dealer and a good parts guy at said dealer is hard to find and someone you should keep around. I go 30+ minutes out of my way to go go my guy because he was once able to find a MTechnic sticker for my Mtech2 spoiler on my e30.

Also your shop is awesome and I'm super jealous of your motivation, godspeed!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
You're a goddamn productivity artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Yes! Another prefacelift 5speed e46 wagon! Goondolences on the x drive though.