Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aflicted
Jun 9, 2007

leica posted:

Uh, I don't get it. Did you kick the guy's dog or something? Why would someone slander you for no reason?

Clearly it is because of his pour work and he doesn't really through on NEW PARTS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aflicted
Jun 9, 2007

leica posted:

Well if the guy is full of poo poo can't you sue him or at the least threaten to?

I know you said you've got plenty of business coming in, but if the guy turns slandering you into a hobby, shouldn't you do something about it? Got any friends/customers that are lawyers that could help you out?

Slander is hard to prove from a standpoint of its impact on your image or business. In this case he could point out the unfounded comments about his character and business practices, but would have a hard time proving it damaged his reputation and business if the workload is backlogged with people lining up. You could have a lawyer approach him and offer a settlement based on the potential for legal action. It would get expensive though and who knows if the individual could even pay if the court decided their was grounds for compensatory and punitive damages. At that point you have only strengthened the person's resolve to be a rock in your shoe as much as possible and spent a lot of money to get his garnished wages if any.

Aflicted
Jun 9, 2007
I was searching for a new car right around when my son was born. S2000 was gone, Audi was just too... Audi. I saw a guy with his son sitting in a booster seat in the front of his 911 and my wife could read my thoughts as she said... yeah, not gonna happen. Maybe when he gets to a forward facing seat :)

Aflicted
Jun 9, 2007

the spyder posted:

My father keeps asking when I'm going to buy a Porsche... I've started looking at 911's... :D

I am quickly being seduced by the new Cayman, there is just something about it. I have long lusted for a 911 and basically stopped talking to my uncle when he sold his to someone other than me. It sat in his garage so lonely and undriven for so long that I started pestering him to sell it to me. He scoffs at the idea for years and then out of nowhere sells it to someone and never bothers to ask if I was still interested.

General_Failure posted:

When my daughter was little there used to be a woman who took her little one to playgroup in a ...I forget which model Porsche. One of the big curvy ones. Soft top. Child seat in the front of course.

Where I live now it's about 80% 4x4s, with a smattering of Falcons, Commodores and the occasional van. Nothing interesting at all.

Sounds like a Boxster. You are down in Australia or NZ though right? I would think in most rural places there that 4x4 would be common. They do sell 911's with AWD :cool:

Aflicted
Jun 9, 2007

the spyder posted:

I looked at the S4 Avant and... I liked it. They just did the timing belt/waterpump and it's a one owner. The only things I did not like was the obvious respray on the front bumper, ding on the driver door, and crappy kenwood deck. Most the offers were coming from the east coast and around the $11.5k- $10.5k range- the sales guy was one of the nicest I have dealt with, and it sounds like $11k would take it. After doing some reading, it seems KBB does not apply well to these, just like FD's. I'm going to think about it.

I think the turbos in the 2.7Ts like to let go around the 100k mile mark or somewhere thereabouts. Most people I have bumped into that own or owned one have replaced them at least once. Still a fun car. You have mentioned an A3 a few times and while it is also a fun car, it is drat small once you start putting people/kids/stuff into it. My wife and I thought it would be just fine for when we had our first kid, and it took only a week for both of us to realize we needed something bigger for the family. The TDI sportwagon was at the top of the list, but in the end we bought a new Outback. It ticks all the boxes of big, comfortable, AWD, inexpensive to keep up, not exactly exciting. She likes it though and can't drive a manual anyway. I've tried numerous times to teach her. We would have kept the A3 for me to drive, but I couldn't stomach not having a manual. The DSG was nice, but I just declared mutiny on that one. If you go with an A4 wagon, well anything with the 2.0t VAG motor, try and pick up the newer version of it with a timing chain and reliable HPFP cam follower design\no oil burning issues. B8 chassis got them, and all the VW cars from 2009 on pretty much. You would want to check though. I would say get a WRX, but then I'm biased because I have one and it really only can hold a stroller in the back before you are stacking purchases in the floor of the backseat. I just pick the kid up from daycare though.