Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Does the rebar help hold up the concrete evenly? How much pressure might be pressing down on the foam?

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I really hate how slightly offset the FC Turbo hood scoop is. Either make it really offset or just widen it until it's center. As it is, it looks like I put it there myself and messed up.
Feels like a case where the engineers won out over design. But also lost to themselves for not making it FMIC.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

After googling, I see some 13B oil pans as being that flat all the way across. Is that how you're gonna shape yours? Or will it have a bowl after the crossmember?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

the spyder posted:

While they came out clean, there's a few problems.

On a scale of 1-10, what shape would you rate these as? I'd be uncomfortable if I saw pitting and chips like that on pistons going back into a motor. Is the shape of the rotor surface significantly less important compared to the face and skirts of a piston?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

You mentioned earlier that your 3-rotor swap would need a shallow pan:

the spyder posted:

First step: FD (13B-REW) front cover and a 3/4" oil pan. This gave me an extra 1/4" of drop to work with.

I'm planning on using the factory oil pump and building a 6061 aluminum pan to provide somewhere right around 5.5-6qts of capacity. It's going to be tight, but who cares.
Is the final pan gonna dip after the crossmember?