Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whorfin
Dec 6, 2007
This thread is making me seriously nostalgic.

I had a 1993 Touring. T-78, FMIC, PowerFC (was goofing around with a different one to replace it... can't remember the name of it... AMC? AEC? Anyway, much more programmable out of the box... (I hacked the PowerFC at one to get the comms protocol so I could write custom software to auto program it)), 1600cc injectors, MSD ignition, massive port job, KAAZ 4.3 diff, RX-7.com cross drilled rotors, a set of Unobtainium bushing waiting to go in, and C-West lights (can't stand popups).

Finally I had one too many engine issues and wound up garaging it and selling the turbo setup, engine, and tranny.

It's been sitting in my garage, including being towed to new garages whenever I've moved, for the past twelve years now. Complete with a spare set of window glass and actuators, and a tan interior (the interior in it is kind of boy-racer mode...).

One of these I'm gonna manage to actually do something with this car, whether it'll be selling it (always surprised when I go to sell it that no one seems to want it) or biting the bullet and doing the LS1 conversion (I know, I know, blasphemy, I agree, and, also surprised every time I look into that LS1's are still the same goddamn price they were a decade ago.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whorfin
Dec 6, 2007

ironblock posted:

Sounds like you should sell it and buy a Corvette then :v:

I did the second part. Twice. I have yet to do the first part. No one in Texas wants FD's anymore.

edit: Or maybe it's just FD project cars. I'm thinking of stripping it and selling parts individually and then junking the chassis, as much as that seems like a waste. But it's not doing anybody any good taking up garage space for a decade.

whorfin fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 12, 2013