Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

the spyder posted:

Holy loving lol- I found out how the electrical fire started. In attempt to heat protect the wiring harness, the PO wrapped it in aluminum foil and silicon tape... On the secondary fusebox 8g wire, he wrapped aluminum tape ALL the way to the top of the terminal, connecting it to 12v power. This then charged the entire aluminum "heat wrap" and as soon as a ground was made, shorted the entire system. Amazing it did not burn to the ground. I will get a picture tomorrow.

:ughh: That is...special. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

My garage stereo is a mid 70s Sansui receiver that belonged to my stepdad (he bought it new) with some late 90s Infinity bookshelf speakers. He retired it after it fried a couple of speakers (always on the right channel, never on the left).

I've used it off and on for 10+ years, never had an issue with anything except the lights on it and a scratchy volume knob. :iiam: It's outlasted 3 or 4 replacement receivers so far, and the sound quality blows away my modern Onkyo.

It could use new caps, but goddamn they knew how to build poo poo to last back then.

Sansui made some good poo poo back then. I'm always looking for someone selling a 9090DB for cheap because they don't know what they have. I have some mint condition 70s Infinity speakers and a newer Audio Technica turntable to hook up to it, if I could just find one.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
We are currently trying to sell our 2009 Mazda 6s. It's automatic, but it handles awesome, has great power, plenty of room, and it doesn't blend in with the rest of the cars in it's class. I just replaced the pads and rotors on the front and we just had the parking lot dings fixed. We're on the wrong coast, but if you're at all interested, I'll post up some pics.

We love it, but we are trying to shed some debt. We'll take what we get after paying off the loan and probably buy an 01-02 Volvo V70 (preferably a T5 with a manual).

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
So that's two Exocets in AI so far, Holdbrooks and you, plus the 4-wheeled cruise missile Revelations is building. I assume Holdbrooks is going to use the engine (chevy 4.8/5.3?) and turbo that was going into the Boso truck and Revelations is building that LS motor for his.

My vote is for a 20b-powered Exocet. :getin:

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

the spyder posted:

Oh gawd, I forgot about the 317- it single handed destroyed the 316/14 reputation like you mentioned. I still would have killed for that 318. Maybe it's time to start looking for a 425 or X series. If I can't find either, I will get a Kubota.

Kubota has a production facility just east of Atlanta in Conyers. My wife did their environmental compliance work when she was still in consulting. She wrote their Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures (SPCC) plan, stormwater management plan, and Title V air permit.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

A Mazda with a hard to change oil filter? Why I never.

I had to get on top of the motor and contort my arm under the intake manifold to change the filter on my BG Protege. Kind of a pain in the dick, but not horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Really looking forward to seeing brappy truck run and drive.