Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
It's been cool watching the progress on your shop. Keep up the good work and keep posting pics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

the spyder posted:

The good news is: it runs! After replacing missing hardware, check valves, installing a new TPS, and replacement vac/pressure reservoirs- it started. No leaks, no smoke, buuuut it idled at 2800rpm... Whomever installed the fuel rails forgot the primary injector body to iron orings. It's a four hour job to tear it down and replace the $8 orings... drat it. Well, guess I know what I'm doing tonight

When you're working on someone's car and something like this comes up, who pays for those 4 hours? It seems like a lot of the cars you get have stuff like this crop up that either PO's or the owners have either hosed up or omitted. I guess that comes with the territory when you specialize in something that has such a heavy modding community.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
If Paypal doesn't come through, and the guy's auction explicitly stated that the engine was in good condition/good compression, you can go after him for breach of implied warranty. Jalopnik link

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Cars in general, I think. That comment makes me miss my bike...

Does anyone else with multiple cars tell 'car guys' you have a boring shitbox to avoid talking cars? I adore having a car that lets me avoid 'car guys'

"What do you drive?"
"Ford Focus"
"The ST?"
"No."
It works with my cool car!

What do you drive?
A hatchback.
Oh...

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I don't know my old Toyotas...I'm guessing that's an old Celica/Supra? 80-something model?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Good deal, I believe you can fit a 13B in it :q:

Rear window louvers look good on it, too.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Haha holy poo poo

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Really cool group of cars!

What's the black race car #92 with the whole cockpit that lifts up?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Go on...

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Octopus Magic posted:

edit:

is this going on the ruined red car:
:eyepop:

Holy Moly

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
That is a good looking car. Congrats on getting it back on the road.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
*Looks at 1st picture* Oh neat a cool Garrett Turbo

*Looks at rest of pictures* Oh holy shiiiiit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
From what I've seen on youtube, the work on that Merc was expensive and a pain in the rear end! Life on coils will be much better than the adjustable suspension though.