Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Looking good!

How did you get the panel spacing wrong on the first fitting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I'm struggling with the sense of scale for that battery relocation. Is that a huge storage compartment, a deep hole, or a tiny battery?

Same here! I cant work out the scaling from any of the photos.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I appreciate the rotary dong.

What does the completed item look like?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Was the entire previous stack of dong plates scrap? :(

you have gone brave again going for another batch of 10 without a completed prototype.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

the spyder posted:

And as a side note, nothing has me more upset than the Porsche and the F250. We knew eventually these trees would cause damage, but I wish I had finished these projects or moved them. Oh well. It's all fixable, just time and money I don't have.

I didn't know you had a 911 project. I'm sorry about the damage but everything can be fixed and you can either make it better than before or give it a cool story to carry with it.

I think this damage means that you have to bump the 911 up the project queue right now and start sorting it out...

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I also have insurance on 2 of my 3 project cars that are not on the road too. It doesn't cost much here if you put a really low mileage allowance on them.
Covers them against getting stolen too

The 3rd one only isn't insured as it's current value is very low and it is blocked in so chances of theft are minimal.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I can smell the interior of that car from here. its purchase better not delay further works on the porsche tho!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

kastein posted:

You guys know of any electronic throttle bodies of roughly that size? A friend is looking to build a full custom FADEC for a rotax 503 twin cylinder experimental and asked me just a few days ago, as luck would have it. I told him to try a smart fortwo or a twinair but we never got the dbw ones here in the states.

E: looks like factory carb was 36mm bore

I'm about to start stripping my twinair down to replace a load of poo poo and can measure the throttle plate assembly up and take photos while i've got everything apart if it helps.
Hit me up on slack/PM to remind me when you see me start swearing about how much of a fucker it is to work on and to deal with turbo remanufacturers..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

the spyder posted:

Welp. You can for a limited time watch me be an idiot on YouTube. The owner of this car is in a care home so I decided to make some content for him.
I did not say good content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_MnYUiCwI

It's great content!, well shot and edited and you came across really well. I look forward to part 2! Please keep doing this! (but fix the crackly noise off your mic first)

Seeing you go hardcore RX7 nerd has made me realise how normal people feel when I get going on classic Saabs or forward control landrovers!