Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Never seen an RX-7 I'd actually want to own. Now I've seen several. Maybe I've just never seen one without a metric fuckton of lovely mods duck taped all over it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wait, so you can't purchase body panels from the in house company that builds performance items for your car if you use it in a certain type of race? In what world do they live in?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If you can track down the actual florida title, it should mention on the title itself if it was a flood vehicle. Also, florida has 2 kinds of salvage titles, rebuildable and nonrebuildable. If its the second, florida law says it must be sold for parts only. Tomorrow I can call the local tax collector's office with any questions you have if you want, but I dunno how helpful they will be. Usually anything more than handing them money to renew registrations ends up as a clusterfuck.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

the spyder posted:

I have the title number. faaaaaaaart Have you called the DMV before? Our offices are terrible about answering the phone.

As it turns out, ours are terrible at answering on a saturday too! Mostly because they are closed. (I'll call them monday for you, i've got the title number saved)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

That actually looks about average for the underside of a florida car near the coast. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by a pennzoil motor? Do rotaries not like pennzoil or something?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

leica posted:

Haha wow. Reminds me of the 4.6 vs. 5.0 pic.

An FC with an LS is probably the best budget swap there is. Although RX8's are getting cheap as hell now too.

There is in fact an rx-8 on craigslist right now with a "blown motor" for $800. I highly suspect it was in a front end collision due to the parts missing from it though.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

On the other hand, the RX-8's water pump gasket looks like a penis, and that makes me happy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Horray, I see some bastard children of the rx family in there. Wanna know what you used on dem headlights though. (And how hard a rebuild on a renesis is)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Every now and then I try to find vent visors on there, since its the only place I've seen in channel ones for the mazda wagon. No luck so far. :<

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Don't care. Still squee. The world needs more 20Bs and rotary pickups.

Neckbeard is your :neckbeard: emote, you loving neckbeard. As a sidenote, :neckbeard: rotary pickup!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Looks like an exhaust manifold flange, a turbo mounting flange and idk what the last part is. I take it you're going custom exhaust manifold for this johnny?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'd watch and share tf outta them.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I've got a standard flexilla extension cord laying around and its really nice for the price point. I'm curious to see what you think of them.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The amount of people crying about all "your" rx7s sitting there is pretty good. Though there was at least one dude who recognized you from pineapple racing. That was kinda cool. :3:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Series 1s have a 5-20 recommendation, series 2s have a 5-30. I talked my buddy into running 10-30 vr1 during winter and 15-40 rotella during summer in his s2. Hes nearing 100k with no problems on the stock motor. :toot:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A cosmo?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

You had a helper. :kimchi:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Plastidip will peel on anything that makes regular contact with anything else and look like rear end. My buddy learned this the hard way.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 23, 2020

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

This was an extremely good post of an extremely good thing and should be rewarded imo. If you want a free title or av or something, I'll see if I can bully an admin into granting it. :colbert:

(No, lowtax won't make squat if they do it.)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Spyder: I want to consolidate down cars.

Also Spyder: GUYS I JUST BOUGHT AN FC FOR UNDER $1K!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh absolutely. I'm still gonna rib him about it though.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I have that same lisle funnel, its 100% worth the $$ on anything that is weird to bleed air out of the coolant system with. The vacuum bleeders for coolant also own like a mofo too. A buddy used that on my mazda last time we worked on it and it is some serious black magic that I will 100% have if I ever get my garage cleaned out.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A truck manifold at that. Iirc, the car manifolds fit without goin choppy choppy on the hood.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'm a bit of a weirdo and prefer the RX-8's looks to the FD. Like yes, to most people the FD looks better but I love the doofy grinning face of the later RX-8s. And the tail lights on the series 1 are choice. :swoon:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Weird lookin dong on it there buddy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The kiddo needs some shop overalls. Gonna get that princess dress all dirty. :kimchi:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'm glad you like the new thread title. :3:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Got that screwdriver a couple years ago, it eventually made its way to my general purpose grab-n-go toolkit and dang it's good.

Wait, they use that color for their stainless screwdrivers. Is that wera stainless? :o

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Nope, it's Spyder's personal thread.

That said, neat FB (I have a '79) with a neat story!
Good on ya for driving it.

Only source for oil in front of the engine would be the oil cooler mounted under the radiator, so check it and the hoses to and from it.

The general rotary thread got locked long ago, I think.
You can post in the Post Your Ride thread or in the general Auto Insanity chat thread.

Or even make your own thread. If you post it, radl will come!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Do you expect us to be anything but a bad influence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Lol, if thats the superior brand aluminum brightener, I had a dude that would buy that poo poo 5 gallons at a time and thats not even their strongest acid. It will absolutely gently caress you up if you gently caress around with it though.