Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

the spyder posted:

Anything that comes in an anti-static bag- does NOT belong bolted to a engine block.

The BMW new-generation engines' external electric waterpump! :downs:

Last one i did with the coolant flange/thermostat housing and had to remove the steering rack for access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

the spyder posted:

In other news, gently caress. Astro is backordered for replacement mandrels and I'm trying to wrap this up this week. I'm tempted to weld the nutsert in. Maybe I will try that later...

Take a long bolt, a nut and a suitable thrust bearing (ebay) and have you own DIY slow as gently caress Riv-Nut tool. I'm too poor/cheap/lazy to buy the right tool, and my DIY one works pretty well.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Nodoze posted:

Put it in a Miata

Cat Terrist will back me up here

Put it in one of those rare and funky Miata Coupés!

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
I'll just leave this here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJSoen8hxQ

So going by you buying a 20B and not making one, have i been lied to that you can just bolt Mazda rotaries together to make bigger engines? Is it not possible to simply bolt two 13Bs together? (I was told some years ago that the crank isn't a single piece, and so a number of blocks can be combined to make a larger engine.)

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 28, 2015

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

the spyder posted:

I should take a picture of the two 12a's bolted together at the shop. You can indeed bolt two together and the two rotor motors all used a one piece crank. The three rotor uses a two piece crank. You can also machine front and rear irons to turn them into a 3 rotor- you just need the shaft and thick center plate.

Oh, cool!

Looking at rotary stuff, some of it is sooooo cheap over here. Especially (complete) RX-8s and later 13Bs/Renesis engines. Making a 26B would be great fun, but i know practically nothing about rotaries.