Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Left Ventricle posted:

:negative:
Who does this? Who (originally) buys a rotary with an automatic?

leica posted:

There's probably twice as many rx8's on the road with automatics than manuals.

Just think of them as future parts cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

leica posted:

It will start happening very soon, you're going to see lots of rx8's on craigslist with bad motors, especially the automatics because those are the ones that had the most issues and warranty replacements. If someone comes out with a reasonably affordable swap kit for an LSx it's going to be a popular project. Would make an awesome DD.

I've been wanting to do this exact thing for years.

oh look what's that? http://www.ls1rx8.com/

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Why did I read this thread?

I hate you all.

I'm an enabler

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4513074619.html

Its not common to find them under 5k but here's an example automatic with a dead engine for 2500 OBO.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Ahh, that makes me miss my Protege5. I should dump my piece of poo poo WRX and get another one.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
which is better from HF: 20T a-frame or h-frame?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Awesome, I'd love to just see vintage stuff out on the track, even if it isn't competition.

Any other suggestions, you know non car crap so the wife will enjoy it?

Seattle historics @ pacific raceways will be july 2-4, portland is the weekend after that.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
How many miles and how much $? Used prices on those seemed to almost always be just about the same as new.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Sneezing? better get some allergy meds going

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I had one of those costco lights fall off my ceiling too, luckily nothing actually broke since they don't use real bulbs. Was yours fixable?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
screamin deal! i've been looking for an e46 wagon to eventually replace our jetta sportwagen which will be going back to VW in the fall.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BloodBag posted:

I'm the trifecta lights on the E46 dash. Such great cars to drive, such horrible cars to own.

mine has been awesome to own. least maintenance of all my bmws.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
hell yeah! i had wondered why you closed up shop on the thread a few months ago

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
that means you will have to send that 911 off to singer

glad you're ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lol at paying 1500 a month oh my god