Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
Aeka 2.0 made brand new FD wiring harnesses a couple years back, you might want to get in touch with him. He used all sorts of high end wires and connectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Octopus Magic posted:

But you don't get the 3 rotor sound.

That sounded pretty bad. Was there something wrong with that setup or is the 26B the only way to get that racecar sound? I guess I assumed anything more than two rotors sounded amazing.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Ok that sounds badass. The first video sounded like a bucket of farts.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

I've wondered the same thing. I passed an FD this morning on the highway and holy crap is that car still gorgeous. It got me thinking about a 3-rotor setup.

What would be the ballpark for an FD with a blown engine, a 20B swap, and all the associated refresh bits?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

the spyder posted:

Way to much:
FD roller in good shape $6k
Mazda 20B engine core $6.5k shipped
Rebuild of said 20b $4k from Pineapple Racing
ECU $1500
Turbo kit $3-5k
Fuel system $1500
~25k
Now add suspension, bushings, larger brakes, wheels/tires, a roll bar, electronics, ect.
~10-20k

And now add labor... You get the point. Buying one prebuilt for $40k (there's one forsale right now) is actually a decent way to go.

That's only about 5k more than I was expecting. Not that bad really for what you're getting.

I'm a little disgruntled with skyrocketing GT3 prices so I'm considering fun (not necessarily faster) alternatives. An LSx FD would probably be the lazy way to make power, you'd have to work for it a bit harder with a 20B and you'd have something unique.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Pictures of the FD near an F82 M4 are a reminder of how much larger cars are today. The FD appears to be 2/3rd the size. I was actually considering an F80 but they're not too far off in size from the E60 5-series in many ways. No thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Do you sell some of these cars you buy and fix up? I may have missed that somewhere in the thread. Just curious.