Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
You're doing God's own work, son. Keep it up.

(I kind of wish I had bought an FD instead of my Talon as a replacement but I was a little too heavily invested in DSM junk to buy one at that point. :sigh: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

Keep up the dream. :)

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

leica posted:

That sucks dude, my awesome neighbor passed away not too long ago too. She was the best neighbor ever :smith:

And just out of curiosity, has anyone ever went NA with an FD because they got sick of losing apex seals?

Plenty.

Just a pair there, there's a lot more.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

There's like a zillion awesome front bumpers for FDs.

I like the Mazdaspeed front bumpers or maybe the C-West front, or something by RE Amemiya. It's takes a special effort to gently caress it up an FD even with a body kit.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

the spyder posted:

I want to shove a 13B-REW in to a Rx-8 one day, preferably a 08+.

Why bother when you can throw a N/A 20B. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQZRhsHlNsw

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

the spyder posted:

13B-REW = $2k + $2500 in supporting mods.
20B= $5k + $5-10k in supporting mods.

But you don't get the 3 rotor sound.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

That sounded pretty bad. Was there something wrong with that setup or is the 26B the only way to get that racecar sound? I guess I assumed anything more than two rotors sounded amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPFeHhGFBI8 This sounds pretty good to me also? :confused:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Please keep rescuing the FDs. Thank you.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

As my friend once said, "An FD is my favorite car for you to own."

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Thank you for your continued service to Rotaries.

How were the vacuum lines on the '93?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

3 rotors are meant to be naturally aspirated with a straight pipe coming out the side.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

"gently caress YOU!" says the 500+KW turboed 20B's

Yawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX7T2Q7xqQM

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yawn. Try again with a snail on the side and then you have some cool poo poo.

Yeah, it's cool to have a dyno queen. It wins internet arguments.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

If you're going to paint the calipers red (which I kinda am not into), at least take some sand paper to the Mazda letters so they're silver.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

For some reason i didn't see that. I think black would've been better.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Nice coilovers.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

jamal posted:

Saw this, thought of your thread

I hope this is going on an SCCA GT1 20B car <3

Or something tube frame. Definitely tubeframe

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Isn't that the case with any "Big gun" GT cars though? Or just cars in general now.

If you want to get girls, ride a bike.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

leica posted:

I figured gay dudes would be more into the Lance Armstrong spandex look.

Unless you meant like BMX half pipe/dirt jumping or something.

You don't know many women, do you?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

That's not entirely true - they aren't popping out of every car you see, but there are usually a few in any yard, and a few phone calls can hook you up with any kind.

Very few LS series motors over here. But plenty of Rover, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Toyota V8s.

The issue is that we don't have any V8s with aftermarket parts or support. No fancy heads and cams and strokkkkkkker cranks for us, no sir.

Jaguar V12 swapped FB

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I like my mom's RX8. It's not supposed to be a balls out perfect GT Sports car like the FD was. IMHO I believe it was more harkening back to the concept of having "regular cars" like the 70s RX-3/Cosmo/etc being powered by a rotary.

The Renesis is a result of Mazda trying to hit EPA standards/possibly be powered by hydrogen (lolz).

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Hahaha, dumping your headache on someone else is the best plan.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Plastidip to the rescue!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

They're a 10+ year old car at this point?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Flashlight goes into heater core hose just doesn't have that zest I'm looking for.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

My mom's RX8 has 100k+ on it and it runs fine. We'll see where it goes in the next year or so, but it's been more or less flawless as a daily driver.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Don't rotary swap the Toyota, put a BEAMS engine in it. They're pretty cheap with trans (around 1200 ish) and the mounts are already engineered:

http://speed.academy/how-to-install-beams-3sge-blacktop-1st-gen-celica/?doing_wp_cron=1498745921.3602960109710693359375

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

Get the gently caress out of here with that weak rear end pussy poo poo. Pistons? In the insane rotary thread? What the gently caress?

I love rotaries and cry every time I see an LS FD, but I think the BEAMS in the Celica spiritually fits it more.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Do you still feel bad when you see wrecked LHD FDs? Because I do.

edit:

is this going on the ruined red car:

jamal posted:

Saw this, thought of your thread

Octopus Magic fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 8, 2018

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Aww I miss my old 57C's. Early 2000s tuning vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Please keep doing God's own work. :patriot: