Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

the spyder posted:

It's amazing. I can't stop smiling every time I go out there. :smuggo:

Remember that (those) rear end in a top hat(s) that kept showing up randomly?

They might start showing up again :D

This time it (probably) won't be to hide from the police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Place looks great! Pics of lift pad adjust-ability plz! I'm curious how easy it'll be to get a shitbox BMW on there - shame you don't have the 135i anymore.

the spyder posted:

You have your own lift now, haha. (And place to hide from the po-po.)

but something racing something something backroads. Did I do that right?

Skier posted:

When are you introducing us?

When do you want to drive to rural <place> with me? It's a fun drive, from what I've been told :D

the spyder posted:

Changed the oil on our F150, it's at 315k and I know it's time is short :(- babbit and copper visible in the drain pan.

You've been saying this thing is at the end of its' life since I met you, but it's been a cockroach that hasn't seen fit to die. I bet you'll make it to half a million miles.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

the spyder posted:

1) What should it go in?

Roman's E36...

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

the spyder posted:

If you're interested, have Count get ahold of me.

FYI I have a new username now, CountOfNowhere was a stupid loving name.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

FDs are the biggest dick magnets in the world. I've never gotten more stares from dudes than when driving an FD...

Also I stare at every FD I see driving around.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Octopus Magic posted:

Isn't that the case with any "Big gun" GT cars though? Or just cars in general now.

If you want to get girls, ride a bike.

Cars in general, I think. That comment makes me miss my bike...

Does anyone else with multiple cars tell 'car guys' you have a boring shitbox to avoid talking cars? I adore having a car that lets me avoid 'car guys'

"What do you drive?"
"Ford Focus"
"The ST?"
"No."

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Hey, you gonna post pictures of how good America's Tire is at installing wheels?

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Hey Marc, if you don't post soon I'm going to randomly show up at your house like in the good old days!

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Commodore_64 posted:

Comedy(?) option, how much does a small smelter/crucible/tools/ppe run? :allears:

I have a friend that has that stuff and loves random projects.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

y’all are misspelling Java Pearl Black with bronze wheels.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

the spyder posted:

Met with insurance today, as expected the vehicles are not covered. Who would keep comprehensive on project cars that sit, I have no idea. I also wrongly operated under the assumption that our home owners would cover them. I'll be looking for some form of supplemental insurance, or indoor storage. As far as the buildings go, I have yet to see the final report. I have a feeling it will be short of what is required... ugh. Good news, the adjuster is great and is trying to help us balance getting the right amount for each repair vs triggering a review by underwriting. The best way for me to think about it is we should put more money into property maintenance.

I do keep comprehensive on my non-running project cars, it's pretty cheap. The insurance companies just hate it when you put them on drivers insurance and back onto storage insurance all the time since they gotta do some paperwork that costs money.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Can't believe it runs!

Also get rid of those goddamn headlights...

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

the spyder posted:

The amount of abuse it's seen doesn't even come close to anything I could have imagined possible in 95 thousand miles.

I know rolling back odometers on diesel trucks is pretty common, I'd be shocked if it only had 95k on it.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

the spyder posted:

I forgot this photo earlier - this weekend we did some work around the shop. Who can tell me what's missing here?

Who are you and what have you done with the guy you're claiming to be?

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

the spyder posted:

450hp was more than enough, 600 will be a tire smoking machine.

I think I fell into the e-penis internet car guy trap where it's a pointless contest that just results in credit card debt and broken project cars. At that point I'd find myself turning into a youtube content shill, talking about products I'd never actually use like other Rotary channels *cought* Dahm *cough*.

The question now is, do I sell the G42 or keep it for a secret project.
Cause I sure don't have $3k right now to fix this gently caress up. Maybe next spring.

Until then, I'll work on other projects before I jump back into this.

I see that happen way too much. Just keep in mind what can be done with a minivan and a driver that doesn't understand the concept of consequences :D

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

If I look at my text history with spyder, the number of times he’s declined my machine (for freeeee even a year+ ago) is probably double digits. He was my first choice for it - I was sorely tempted to drop it off in the middle of the night like a baby at a firehouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Omg please tell me about this mini, such as how much he wants for it. I’d text you but, uhh, it’s late.