Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Mandanda is loving brilliant everyone, never forget.

Who have Bordeaux got that's still good? Saw that they named us (WH) as some of the scouts there against Monaco, likely for Sane. But I wouldn't say no to Obri either, are any of the forwards up for sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Sertic is pretty good

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The gently caress was Marseilles defense doing

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
I hope everyone saw that and if not I'll post it when Ligue1news puts it up.

Worst defending I have ever seen. Marseille est la merde, pas dans le bons sens.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
NKoulou could use a lesson in just booting it out. That was the worst decision making from a defender, lol.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Really strange the ref haven't forced Mendy to change his shirt.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
In Italian, but it looks like Monaco's points penalty has been removed

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio_Estero/Ligue1/13-08-2013/monaco-annullata-penalizzazione-squadra-ranieri-ora-primo-posto-20957501531.shtml

They still have to play a game behind closed doors though.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Gigi Galli posted:

In Italian, but it looks like Monaco's points penalty has been removed

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio_Estero/Ligue1/13-08-2013/monaco-annullata-penalizzazione-squadra-ranieri-ora-primo-posto-20957501531.shtml

They still have to play a game behind closed doors though.

Good, that's a much fairer penalty

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Le-retrait-de-2-points-annule/392501

Here it is in French. I guess it's fair but gently caress Monaco.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Bastia has also filed a complaint that Nantes subbed in a player that should have been suspended for yellow card accumulation from last year. It's not totally clear that he was definitely ineligible though since the cards came on their youth team and in the amateur league (and not Ligue 2). Nantes won the match though so I'm hoping he was ineligible, since it would be funnier.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
If the commission decides against Nantes, their 2 goals will be annulled, but Bastia cannot get any points from this ruling, so they both would end up with 0 points. Nantes will also have to play a game behind closed doors though because of the incidents during the Nantes-Sedan game in May. Heh.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am traveling abroad in Paris this semester and I would love to plastic a team so I can watch Ligue 1 while I'm there. For reference, I support Juventus. Which team should I plastic Ligue 1 posters?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Sandwolf posted:

I am traveling abroad in Paris this semester and I would love to plastic a team so I can watch Ligue 1 while I'm there. For reference, I support Juventus. Which team should I plastic Ligue 1 posters?

If you're gonna stay in Paris maybe you can try checking a PSG game?

https://billetterie.psg.fr

Prices are not terrible but quantities are, as usual, pretty limited. (The Nov-Dec pack would be a solid choice).

But gently caress PSG anyway you should root for OL and that's my professional opinion.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Sandwolf posted:

Red Star

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Lacazette missed a nice chance as Lyon is down 1-0 against loving Sochaux

EDIT: And that's the 1-1. Nice.

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 16, 2013

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I could have sworn they completely collapsed but apparently they're still kicking in the third tier, must have been thinking of that one team who just went bust and went to the regional divisions a few years after being in Ligue 1.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Whoa, cracking goal by Lacazette. He and Benzia are looking tasty.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Grenier is having a good game too. Excellent passing.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

tetsman posted:

Grenier is having a good game too. Excellent passing.

Loved him in Entourage

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Lyon are really fun to watch these days.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
It was a nice game. Gourcuff alternating positions behind the forward and the wing with Grenier are looking better and better. Lacazette has been pretty good as the main striker, and he seems to be enjoying it. Sure Sochaux are a poo poo team, but Lyon are a lot more confident now, and the team feels a lot younger now with the few changes after last season.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Very cool goal by Gignac for Marseille against the yoghurt team, in case any one still wants to watch this league now that the Premier League has started.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Nice goal by Payet.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

OM's awful defense this year is definitely going to make them more exciting to watch than last year. They haven't looked bad overall but they've definitely been lucky to play pretty bad teams so far.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The yoghurt team is the best name.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Evian are a poo poo team but they were mildly entertaining too.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Haha, Bastia's goal was ridiculous.

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

Lemoine's goal was pretty and St Etienne played well

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Just turned on the Rennais Nice game and it's in spanish, why are they playing in a closed stadium?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Just turned on the Rennais Nice game and it's in spanish, why are they playing in a closed stadium?

It was punishment for their supporters' behavior in the final game of last season against Lyon.

E: VV oh, I had read last year, serves me right for counting on Google translated stories in French

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Because of the incidents after the Nice-Lyon game last week.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Oh ok thanks.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

trem_two posted:

It was punishment for their supporters' behavior in the final game of last season against Lyon.

E: VV oh, I had read last year, serves me right for counting on Google translated stories in French

Not that it really makes a difference, but you're right, it was for the Nice - Lyon game from last year and not the one from last week. I don't remember it, but they set off fireworks and threw a bottle full of sand at the Lyon bench I guess. A team's supporters could set off a nuclear bomb and the LFP probably wouldn't react fast enough to sanction the team the next week.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Oh yeah I just got confused about the games. It was because of last May's game.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I missed the game but Monaco won 4-1 with Falcao scoring a penatly and Rivière scoring a hat-trick. Scary stuff.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Nice save by (lol) Ochoa

EDIT: Haha, holy poo poo, nice

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 18, 2013

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Looks like PSG needs to buy someone who can score some goals.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Shiiiit, that was nasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Cavani is good. Blanc is poo poo though.

• Locked thread