Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tetsman posted:

One of the things the syndicate of professional football clubs wanted to achieve was the non-retroactivity of the new tax raise on older contracts, but the French government kept their position. The tax of 75% will remain in place for two years and football teams won't count with any exceptions. 120 players will be affected as well as 14 teams on the Ligue 1, but no Ligue 2 teams will be affected by the new taxation.
What's gonna happen now is, the L1 and L2 matches scheduled for the last week of November will not be played (though they won't officially go on strike; instead, they'll hold talks at the stadiums telling people about their point of view and such).

That retroactive sponsorship thing PSG signed makes more sense in light of this, even if the government stood strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Nice's keeper just got hurt and the guy that replaced him was born in 1996...

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Lille beat Monaco to overtake them in the table, Lille are in second place only 2 points behind PSG. Lille keeper Vincent Enyeama has now had 10 consecutive clean sheets in the league.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

They decided that they're not going to have the strike at the end of the month, although they're still acting like they might have it later on.

I couldn't find anything in English: http://www.sofoot.com/les-presidents-reportent-la-greve-177417.html

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
A big fight broke out between Saint Etienne and Nice supporters just now, all of the Saint Etienne away support has been ejected from the stadium.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Well that's not very Nice

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

how did that guy get into that position

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Modus Trollens posted:

i was thinking the same thing...not great

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Modus Trollens posted:

There is a sequence of photos here that shows how he ended up dangling from the railing: http://deadspin.com/photos-french-soccer-fans-brawl-with-riot-police-1471140368

The police were pepper spraying people on the right side of that barrier in the stands, and this dude decided to go around it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
PSG - Lyon was pretty good through the first 30 minutes or so, but now PSG are going to walk this. Ibra's penalty was pretty nice though.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

trem_two posted:

Lille beat Monaco to overtake them in the table, Lille are in second place only 2 points behind PSG. Lille keeper Vincent Enyeama has now had 10 consecutive clean sheets in the league.

Again a win for Lille and a clean sheet against Marseille to make it 13 clean sheets in a row for Enyeama. He's about one and a half games away from beating the League 1 record for consecutive clean sheets. He managed to surpass PSG's Sirigu with yesterday's win.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

The yogurt squad goes up 1-0 against PSG at the 75th minute. Trying to give PSG their first loss of the season. I'd say PSG has been pretty easily in control of the game, but they've been giving up a lot of dangerous counters.

Edit: And PSG loses after giving up a second, their first loss in 36 matches.

Here's the standings since they haven't been posted in a while.

Method Mango fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 4, 2013

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Pretty big coaching change today, with Elie Baup getting fired from Marseille after they lost to Nantes yesterday (and will likely finish with no points in the Champions League). Two of OM's best players are hurt for a month (Valbuena and Andre Ayew), so it's not looking good for them either way.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Again a win for Lille and a clean sheet against Marseille to make it 13 clean sheets in a row for Enyeama. He's about one and a half games away from beating the League 1 record for consecutive clean sheets. He managed to surpass PSG's Sirigu with yesterday's win.

Enyeama finally conceded today, he didn't end up breaking the record.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Welp,

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

That seems like paranoia but at the same time makes too much sense.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Tuttosport is a Juventus rag and nothing should be taken seriously from them.

Not that this really matters anymore, but Pogba just signed a contract extension too. I can't see Juve getting rid of him, he's the perfect Pirlo replacement, and Pirlo will never make it a whole season again.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Yeah it all boils down to Raiola getting his agent fees, so as long as Juve keeps renegotiating contract extensions Pogba should stick around for at least a couple more years.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Yeah it all boils down to Raiola getting his agent fees, so as long as Juve keeps renegotiating contract extensions Pogba should stick around for at least a couple more years.

I forgot that piece of poo poo was his agent. I hope a mob of Milan, PSG and Inter supporters trample him to death some day.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Mino Raiola owns. He's so unashamed about what he does

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Why would he be ashamed? The players that hire him knows exactly what they are doing.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
No posts in here since Dec 15th? drat. I just saw Ibra hit a free kick so hard it looked to me like the ball disappeared and I only caught sight of it again after it smashed off the base of the post.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Tetsman kept the thread alive

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Jesus that bit of skill from Pastore :stare:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

T. Finninho posted:

Jesus that bit of skill from Pastore :stare:

He's really good and it's ashamed he's in a team full of people that are even better because it makes people think he's poo poo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Also I heard Niang has scored 2 goals since moving, one in the Coup De France and another from a penalty rebound on the league. Hope he keeps it up.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I don't know why I don't like Saint-Germain or Monaco, I am after all a dumb American. I like Marseille. Even though they're only playing Evian I thought it was a fun first half; and that set-up for Gignac's header was fun. Uh. Vive l'France? C'est La vie? Omelette du Frommage?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
After 20 games, all of the teams have faced each other and we have a clearer picture of the potential winners, which just confirms how dead and rotten football is.

Anyway, Marseille's good start kinda went to hell, but Lille is still fighting for a top spot. A pretty nice feat for the team after Rudy Garcia left for Rome. Their 2-2 in Paris is a good example of their level, but they have a tough road ahead anyway. Lyon has become a sad image of what they used to be, barely managing to snatch some points from their last games. I guess their 2-2 against Marseille proved they can still play decently, but for the most part, it's been a disastrous season for them.
On the other side, Ajaccio has only managed to get 9 points after 20 games, and they look pretty bad at the moment. Same for Sochaux, with only 11 points.

Ibra and Cavani are the top scorers of the season (with 15 and 12 goals respectively) while Falcao has not caused the impression that was expected, having scored as many goals as Lacazette and Gignac (9). Aboubakar, on the other hand, has had a rather impressive season, scoring 11 goals for Lorient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J9CfkdvArc

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nice tetsman is back. (Tetsman for mod imo)

I hate to use the Jozy excuse for such a great player, but is there a consensus that Falcao just isn't getting the support play he needs to be at the top? Ibra doesn't need any really but I think Falcao is as good as Cavani, if not better. Still 9 is nothing to scoff at.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

What's the opinion on Wednesday's match between Lyon and Marseilles then? Lyon has been doing so poorly that it feels like it won't be anything special, but they did go even last time, think Lyon can pull a challenging match off?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Gigi Galli posted:

Nice tetsman is back. (Tetsman for mod imo)

I hate to use the Jozy excuse for such a great player, but is there a consensus that Falcao just isn't getting the support play he needs to be at the top? Ibra doesn't need any really but I think Falcao is as good as Cavani, if not better. Still 9 is nothing to scoff at.

I'd guess it's more of a problem of Falcao getting irregular time on the pitch. This season he's played 16 matches (vs. the 19 Ibra has played) and there's been so much speculation about his future, particularly last December, that there must be some tense situation for both him and the team, even though they state that it's been simply because of injuries. I think Ranieri has created enough support for the attackers (Rivière has scored 8 goals) and they've proved to be a good team, just not as good as PSG.

Quantumfate posted:

What's the opinion on Wednesday's match between Lyon and Marseilles then? Lyon has been doing so poorly that it feels like it won't be anything special, but they did go even last time, think Lyon can pull a challenging match off?

Even though it's a league cup game, it's going to be fun, because that's how derbies are. All of the teams in there have a chance of making it to the final, and for most, this will be the only chance of picking up some silverware this season. Last season, Saint-Étienne won the title after beating PSG on the quarterfinals, Lille on the semifinals and Rennes on the final.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Ten minutes late, settled my butt down on the couch. Lets watch Marseille and hope this is fun!

I retract my prior quips about Lyon putting up a fight. Drive the fucks into the dirt :getin:

Quantumfate fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 15, 2014

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
This game has been lots of fun so far. 2-1 and just a couple of minutes to go.

e: Haha fighting on the pitch I love this

It was a good game and I enjoyed it. Gourcuff had a great game and overall Lyon was superior to Marseille. Also, that last minute gently caress up, drat. Other results from the Coupe de la Ligue

Troyes 3-1 Evian
Nantes 4-3 Nice
Bordeaux 1-3 PSG

The next round will take place on February 4/5

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 15, 2014

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Also if you're not watching France 3 right now, you can check the draw for the next round here.

http://www.lfp.fr/coupeLigue/tirageAuSort?tour=T98

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

It was a great game, the last minutes were gripping, those last shots on the goal had me on the edge of the seat. Lyon earned that win and all, b-but my team. . . :negative:

I don't have France 3, so thanks for that!

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Nantes - PSG
Lyon - Troyes

So hopefully we'll have a PSG - Lyon final. That'd be fun.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Those are February 4th and fifth, yeah?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Quantumfate posted:

Those are February 4th and fifth, yeah?

Supposedly yeah, but somehow the Ligue 1 page is showing both games on February 4th, despite reports saying that the second game will take place on February 5th.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Ajaccio and Sochaux lost again, PSG and Monaco won again, eh.
The Marseille-Valenciennes game could not be played because of the rain. The game was postponed, probably until the 28 or 29 of this month, but I haven't read anything else about it. Zlatan scored yet 2 more goals during the weekend in the 5-0 against Nantes. Meanwhile, Falcao played for 69 minutes without scoring.
In other news, Verratti said he's staying in Paris. Transfer market speculation sucks anyway unless you're excited about Toivonen going to Rennes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tetsman posted:

Ajaccio and Sochaux lost again, PSG and Monaco won again, eh.
The Marseille-Valenciennes game could not be played because of the rain. The game was postponed, probably until the 28 or 29 of this month, but I haven't read anything else about it. Zlatan scored yet 2 more goals during the weekend in the 5-0 against Nantes. Meanwhile, Falcao played for 69 minutes without scoring.
In other news, Verratti said he's staying in Paris. Transfer market speculation sucks anyway unless you're excited about Toivonen going to Rennes.

Zlatan also murdered the corner flag

• Locked thread