Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Boogaleeboo posted:

They basically took a zillion hits to their image, both in and out of the shadows. In the shadows it's well known that they never gave a poo poo about technomancers and only sold the "We are a kinder, gentler megacorp!" line to get technos to join them. They had no intention of ever really helping them, and when that got found out and technos got a bit angry they started killing them and blamed the entire thing on the technos themselves. It worked, to some degree, in the public eye. What didn't work for them was the entire business in the Aztlan/Amazonia War, where they tried to use their super l33t awesome PR abilities to gently caress over Aztlan. You know, the most evil country on the planet. Sadly they forgot that Aztlan is actually insanely competent where it matters, and can turn around any situation, no matter how dire. The end result is that Horizon looked like dishonest bastards that invented stories and staged atrocities picking on poor, innocent Aztlan, and Aztlan came out looking almost like heroes that defended humanity from a rampaging dragon.

So they pretty much lost all claim to moral superiority on any level even *in* the public eye and really cemented their place as the most useless and powerless megacorp. They couldn't even make *Aztlan* look bad. In an imperialist war. What the gently caress is the point of a PR corporation that can't make the actual sacrifice human beings to eldritch horrors country look bad?

Huh, that's quite the thing. Which book(s) is this in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
That was a pretty cool post on Shadowrun, ProfessorCirno.

Relatedly, since they're pretty much the only archetypes I care about the mechanics of, have there ever been made similar posts on riggers or technomancers?

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Yeah, it's a pity, I think they're pretty cool.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
People say to play them as just a conduit for the existence of sprites that do your work for you, which I think is pretty cool, but that's just so many rules to wrap your head around, man. I can't work up the gusto to research and evaluate that concept thoroughly enough.