Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Eclipse Phase is great if you're really into transhumanism, not so much otherwise. I love that stuff but none of my friends give a crap about SciFi so I don't try to foist it on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Yeah, some of the review stuff I agree with, some not.

Some of the stuff about character creation is wrong, and I think the reviewer had an alpha of the book or something because the PDF I got had none of the problems with character creation from the review, and some of the pages being out of order got fixed.

A lot of the social and economic stuff I agree with, it's... strange, and super "anarchism is rad".

A problem with the setting is everthing they threw in. They took a bunch of their favorite SciFi books and mashed them together in a way I find cool and fun, but raises some issues of consistency. Look for the space whales, you'll know it when you see it.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I do love it, warts and all. That tech wank is 100% my thing, even if I acknowledge how dumb it can be. It's fun, I like it. Same as I really like Shadowrun. Neuromancer was maybe the 3rd SciFi book I read after Astimov and Heinlein, it blew me away and I've been a sucker for that kinda stuff ever since.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
So, are you supposed to be doing anything about these magic parasite demon things, or are they just metaplot stuff?