Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

So far, the nice thing about technomancers is that they can do some things (depending on known forms) without MARKs. Fading continues to be Serious Business, however.

Are they still hobbled out of the gate by how resource intensive technomancer bennies are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Welp, so much for making a troll technomancer anything that isn't a living ballista I guess

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Yeah, I always thought it was "the good guys are fighting a slow retreat as hyper-capitalism eats the earth a la that one Pearl Jam video with the metal worms".

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I imagine it's more that you can't minmax quite as well, for better or worse. You really have to prioritize.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Serious talk, is 5e playable? I'm in the mood to run SR again since it was the first system I cut my DMing teeth on and I like the sound of the changes (in particular the character gen). I feel like running something in St. Petersburg, where the runners are on retainer by the Red Vory and spend their days loving with Maersk and S-K, helping out the Vikings with grunt work and trying not to get shivved by gopniks.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Would there be any interest in an IRC for talking Shadowrun, similar to what #acolyte does for warhams roleplayers?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Zereth posted:

Why yes! Perhaps it could be named #shadowrun, and run by somebody extremely handsome and awesome!

If it already exists maybe it should be in the OP then. :)

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Jesus there's a ton of interest in children's game.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Already applied. :v:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

children overboard posted:

We need more 5e GMs! There's a lot of interested players but only a couple games on the go.

I was thinking the SCP foundation would make a good base for a game: Shadowrunners working for the foundation capturing metacritters, fighting off opposing corporate teams who are trying to enslave mystical threats for their own dark purposes... if someone ran this I would apply so hard.

I'll put up a thread today, seeing the interest in your game's reassured me that there'd be interest.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Have technos ever not been subpar deckers? I remember that in 4th they were very lackluster as well, at least out of the gate.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I'd say running silent should generate Overwatch; you have nothing to fear if you've nothing to hide.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I'd be tempted to say yes purely because technos are very meh in 5e so far.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Basically gently caress the mirrorshades approach, if I want a troll that dual-wields Krime Cannons that's my right.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

So, has anyone tried to make a new version of Mr Lucky - a human focused first and foremost on Edge, and probably with high attributes and skills, but no magic and little to no edge? I remember it being a very niche thing in SR4, but with Edge being better, I'm wondering how it works now.

Did you mean skills here?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Gobbeldygook posted:

Stop right there. Sprites have a device rating but they are are not devices.

oh no it's the fun police

If I as a GM want it to work that way it does, and it's not like technos need the implied nerf of going full RAW (which is a dumb concept because people aren't robits).

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Cabbit posted:

As long as weaker armor is cheaper than stronger armor, there'll always be at least one compelling reason to buy it: you're broke as poo poo.

Also who doesn't take a lined coat for that late 90's look that concealability bonus, really now.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Martello posted:

I always pictured the Doberman as a Big Dog with a small CROWS (common remote operated weapon system) mount on top.

Pretty much the same here, except more like the bulldog bots in Deus Ex Invisible War.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

To be fair, as a GM I'd use one of those hyper-optimised murdersams as a prime runner. Like, essentially an Eversor Assassin from warhams, where he's not really an employee so much as a biological weapon that you pump full of K-10 and shove into the nearest conflict zone until everything is dead.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Yeah, uh. That's an... interesting thought process there.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Check out Feral Cities, it might have more info. That said from what I remember in most wild cities there's still some connectivity (if nothing else than from satlinks) and there'd almost certainly be street docs to hock ware.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Hey man, you don't know what kinds of biker bars he goes to.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

What with AR he wouldn't even need to be mentally challenged.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Yeah but that'll all change as soon as I summon a spirit with Movement. :getin:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

If you want space opera combat that's shadowrun-y why aren't you using Eclipse Phase

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

That's what Barrens gangers are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Poil posted:

Is there any reason to use gel rounds instead of stick-n-shock, at all? Unless you happen know that the enemy is going to be wearing decent rating non-conductive armor of course. They deal the same damage but one has a sweet secondary effect and the other doesn't.

Take Sharpshooter, Strive For Perfection, be a pistol adept. Gel rounds let you use the ricochet shot called shot, which combined with the previous turns you into Revolver Ocelot.