Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

H posted:

Is there a compendium of all the elite military-ish units in Shadowrun that belong to all the different corporations/countries? Here's the partial list I have come up from by perusing Google.

Renraku: Red Samurai
Ares: Firewatch
Souix: Wildcats
Salish: Rangers
Tir T: Ghosts
UCAS: Navy Seals
MCT: Zero Zone
Horizon: Dawkins Group
Aztechnology: Jaguars/Eagle Guard

Do the CAS/Amazonia/Japan/Carribean League have any elite units?

As it stands, I think your list is fairly comprehensive.

It's been a long time since I read any SR supplements but I don't think Amazonia has an elite squad. In 4th ed they were getting into a war with Aztlan, and there were a lot of mercenary companies working the ground there for both sides. JIS has the Imperial Marines, although I don't recall if there's an elite unit within the IM. I don't remember anything for the CAS or Carib League but I believe both are covered in the 3rd edition supplement "Shadows of North America"--if you can find that second-hand, it might be your best source of info for those two.

Former megacorp Cross Applied Technologies had the Seraphim; the corp went under in 2065 during the chaos of the Second Crash but there's no reason you couldn't have a rogue unit that went "freelance," still trying to fulfill the goals of a company that got bought out a decade ago. I don't think the other corps have specialized milspec units, but that's not to say their regular security forces are anything to sneeze at.

And Lone Star has both SWAT and Fast Response Teams--they both jockey for position and influence against each other and have pissing matches over who ought to be coming in to save the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

QuantumNinja posted:

I am still trying to come up with a good way to run a Batman Family-style campaign, where everyone gets decked out as vigilantes to stop Shadowrun-powered supervillains. It'd have to involve a corp willing to pay bounties, I guess, but maybe tying it to an ideological group would fill in the morality requirement.

I believe the Draco Foundation still pays bounties on toxic and bug shamans.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Ablative posted:

What the gently caress did Chicago do to the writers?

That's where they were based, and IIRC they just thought it was funny to gently caress up their backyard. For example, FASA's office in the 1990s was located on Cermak, where Knight Errant set off a tacnuke to blow up a giant bug hive in the 2050s.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Finster Dexter posted:

Burning Bright was a fun book. It's pulpy as hell, but a fun read.

That, and the novels by Nigel Findley, were miles ahead of most of the Shadowrun novels. There's like 40 books in that line and really you could narrow the worthwhile ones down to ten at most. (Though I admit having a soft spot for the one which has the Immortal Elf Leonardo. Black Madonna, I think it was.)

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

I hadn't looked into the terms for Holostreets deeper, and now I'm laughing my rear end off.

The creator gets 50%, Catalyst takes 20%, and DTRPG takes 30%. Same as DMs Guild.

CGL seriously thinks the built-in audience for the game they've been running into the ground for 15 years is equivalent to what WoTC's offering for 5e D&D.

Those are also the terms offered by Atlas Games for the Statosphere content for Unknown Armies. I imagine they're the standard terms for any of these programs, so audience size probably does not much enter into the thinking. They're just glad to make a few bucks without lifting a finger.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

You know what, not sure if getting a new Line developer for the franchise is going to help if that's what they're going with.

His name is all over the credits of this thing too. He's hardly going to pump the brakes on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Tornante is Michael Eisner's latest company, and are probably best known for producing Bojack Horseman through their television arm. What else have they produced? Hard to say, because their Wiki page doesn't list that--it only lists their current holdings of other entertainment companies, which includes Omaze, Portsmouth Football Club, and... Taskrabbit? Which does not bode well for any Shadowrun television but is certainly appropriate for our grim cyberpunk present.