Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hegay posted:

Apparently he did gently caress all in training and ate a lot. Surprising.

All the brazillian players have a fat face like they are abusing prednisone or something. It isn't right and it doesn't look aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I love casemiro :(

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Mean Bean Machine posted:

With Suarez suspended, Alexis sold and Tello loaned out what will be Barca's attack in the beginning of the season, Neymar - Messi - Pedro? Who's the backup? Looks weak to me, think we're gonna see the other clubs get a big lead on Barca right at the start of the season, especially if Neymar and Messi break down and need more treatments. Not to mention the defense. Things are looking grim.

Deulofeu and Rafinha too, it's not too bad.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

If Navas goes to Madrid I will become this guy

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I'm gonna do a big lol if Carletto plays Casillas in any competition other than the Copa del Rey.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I was a big Diego Lopez advocate last season and always felt he was the better player despite getting trolled daily by Casillas fans, hopefully they've changed their tune after his big blunders in the CL final and in the WC.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I thought Casillas was better but that was because we hadn't seen him play and I was only basing that opinion on previous performances, Mourinho and Ancelotti obviously saw his performances during training and dropped him.

RM won the CL in spite of Casillas really, not thanks to him.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I was a big Diego Lopez advocate last season and always felt he was the better player despite getting trolled daily by Casillas fans, hopefully they've changed their tune after his big blunders in the CL final and in the WC.
I too was on team Diego. I'm glad we have been vindicated

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Casillas isn't even an option anymore after he was literally murdered by the Dutch

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
They found some problems with Adriano's heart :stare:

I hope it's just typical Brazilian eating/partying too much and not a side effect of some particular "medication"...

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Tortilla Maker posted:

With Aquino, Giovani, and now Jonathan dos Santos at Villarreal (and Espericueta too in a way) sign me up as a plastic for this upcoming season.

I saw Espericueta play last month when then Mexico U21s played my local team. He was head and shoulders above everyone else on the field. That dude is good.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Barca are trying really hard to sign their centerback, Mathieu, a player who's only really known for bombing forward...

I like Mathieu and all but only if he was being signed to replace Adriano.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

matheiu is 30, a left-back, and not that good :wtc:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Is the fixture list out yet and I missed it? I know it comes out later in Spain (heh), just wondering.

Hoping to maybe fly over and catch a game again this year, but every time I've tried since 2011 some budget poo poo pops up, argh

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

NattyBo posted:

Is the fixture list out yet and I missed it? I know it comes out later in Spain (heh), just wondering.

Hoping to maybe fly over and catch a game again this year, but every time I've tried since 2011 some budget poo poo pops up, argh

I'm going to Barcelona in October hoping to see a game while I'm there and cheer on my good friend Deulofeu

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

NattyBo posted:

if you can plan it right, seeing Barca v. Espanyol at El Prat is loving amazing. I like the atmosphere of that stadium much more and the away support in the derby is insane.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
The LFP has only released the Segunda fixtures so far.

Barca are probably trying to get them to schedule the first Clasico for after Suarez ban is over and RM are probably doing the opposite.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Barca are probably trying to get them to schedule the first Clasico for after Suarez ban is over and RM are probably doing the opposite.

Lol this is probably true

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Looks like Navas will be a Madrid player soon

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

El Hefe posted:

I imagine like all leagues the spanish league has a "random" draw for a fixture list, right? Or is it that blatantly rigged?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I imagine like all leagues the spanish league has a "random" draw for a fixture list, right? Or is it that blatantly rigged?

All major leagues makes a draft which is then showed to the big TV companies who makes changes accordingly. It's also why El Clasico will def feature Suarez.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

All major leagues makes a draft which is then showed to the big TV companies who makes changes accordingly. It's also why El Clasico will def feature Suarez.

Well yeah that's why "random" is in quotes.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Oh, and then Barca and Real Madrid meets to discuss the fixture list

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Gigi Galli posted:

It's rigged, it's even openly rigged because the LFP admitted to making changes to the fixtures so RM and Barca don't have to play Clasicos right before or after CL games to avoid situations like a few years ago when we had like 6 Clasicos in a row or something ridiculous like that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

El Hefe posted:

It's rigged, it's even openly rigged because the LFP admitted to making changes to the fixtures so RM and Barca don't have to play Clasicos right before or after CL games to avoid situations like a few years ago when we had like 6 Clasicos in a row or something ridiculous like that.

That owned though!!!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

That owned though!!!

I thought it was super-boring. Then again, I think Clasicos get pretty boring outside of the domestic league. Atletico winning La Liga was the best thing that happened in a while.

I wish Super Depor was still around.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

straight up brolic posted:

if you can plan it right, seeing Barca v. Espanyol at El Prat is loving amazing. I like the atmosphere of that stadium much more and the away support in the derby is insane.

I'd love to one day go to that game, at either stadium. I'm hoping to have time to tour El Prat next time, last time I sorta dragged people by it just to look at it from the outside but I'd like to see the inside, it looks quite nice on TV. It's a bit off the beaten path from where we plan to stay, though.

For anyone that cares (no one), FourFourTwo had a nice piece on the Valencia takeover by Lim which is still in limbo, apparently. Damned if I can find it, but basically, the club's foundation has approved the deal, now it's down to the bank, but fears are that Lim will pull out over all this delay because he wants to be spending splashy money already. Valencia will never get it's poo poo together but if they ever do, and finish the Nou Mestalla, with the way they find and pump out talent, they could definitely be a real player in La Liga again.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Del Bosque said he'll stay as the SMNT manager at least until Euro '16 lol

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:
Why are Barcelona trying to sign Mathieu? Just sign Hummels god

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Hegay posted:

Looks like Navas will be a Madrid player soon

RIP Iker Casillas you were the best in the world for a while, then you turned poo poo and the Dutch finally stepped up and mercy-killed you

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

northward posted:

€20m for a soon 31 year old defender sound like a standard piece of business for Barcelona.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

northward posted:

Because the club is run by idiots.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

El Hefe posted:

Del Bosque said he'll stay as the SMNT manager at least until Euro '16 lol

Awful news. Would love to see what a coach like Emery could do with the next generation of players

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Monday Bandele posted:

Awful news. Would love to see what a coach like Emery could do with the next generation of players

lol nobody would let emery into a position as good as that despite how good a manager he is

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Emery is not very good...

If Del Bosque left better candidates would be Guardiola (who probably doesn't want to for now), Martinez from Everton and Valverde (both unproven in big teams with big pressure)

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

poty posted:

That's a bit harsh.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

DickEmery posted:

That's a bit harsh.

But also true

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

poty posted:

If Del Bosque left better candidates would be Guardiola (who probably doesn't want to for now), Martinez from Everton and Valverde (both unproven in big teams with big pressure)

I'm willing to bet anything that Pep will never manage the Spain Men's National Team

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
I think Emery is a good manager imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/