Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psybro
May 12, 2002
Crewe Alexandra are a bad team with one funny outsized stand at their ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
:whatup:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Can we start the season over again please?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Rusty! posted:

Got monumentally drenched in the way back from the abandoned game at Fratton Park tonight, and I only live a few minutes walk from the ground.

Water on some pavements was ankle deep!

Took this at half time just before the decision to abandon it was made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xejwQrROTM8

Not what the club needed right now.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
That's not quite as bad as it looks actually, the players step down into that bit and then step up to the pitch.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
We could've done with scoring a goal against Oxford last night but still a good lot of results.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Nigel Clough best Clough

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Notts County Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Shaun Derry as first team player-manager.

just when i thought this season couldn't get any worse

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Seems like an odd choice to me. Isn't he still under contract at QPR?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zero Star posted:

Seems like an odd choice to me. Isn't he still under contract at QPR?

He is, we shipped him out to Millwall for a month at the start of the season and I'd not heard anything else about him since. How does this even work, surely he can't transfer his registration as a player outside the window?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Maybe he bought himself?

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

Corrode posted:

How does this even work, surely he can't transfer his registration as a player outside the window?
The article doesn't mention him being player manager, so I guess it's not being transferred, just binned off or whatever happens when a player stops playing.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Rusty! posted:

The article doesn't mention him being player manager, so I guess it's not being transferred, just binned off or whatever happens when a player stops playing.

I swear that said player-manager last night. Maybe Popehoist fooled me.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Apparently we signed him as player-manager, then realised that he couldn't be registered to play for us this season having already played for millwall and QPR. Apparently he's going to be player-manager next season though (just kidding, he will be sacked before march)

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Rusty! posted:

BBC says player-manager

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Player-managers are so 20th century. They usually don't work nowadays.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Player-managers are so 20th century. They usually don't work nowadays.

Are you north or south of Watford?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I like Shaun Derry because he looks like the country's best pub league player

Psybro
May 12, 2002
What the gently caress is up with QPR players leaving to manage other clubs whilst still registered as players? And when the gently caress is Joey Barton taking over at Tranmere?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Psybro posted:

What the gently caress is up with QPR players leaving to manage other clubs whilst still registered as players? And when the gently caress is Joey Barton taking over at Tranmere?

Tbf it's only been two. Nelsen clearly knew which way the wind was blowing last year (as did anyone with a pulse) and Shaun has zero future at the club this season so why not take the chance when it's there?

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

It's FA cup but I can't wait to watch Gillingham take on Brackley Town live on BT sport, this is what it's all about

oh no Martin Allen is commentating in his weird voice

Spiller fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 18, 2013

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Walsall v Peterborough last night was a definite case of 2badteams.avi.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

I think I can sum up our 3-3 draw against Bradford with:

Attacking: :drat:

Defending: :negative:

Seriously, Jordan Clarke may well have had one of the worst defensive outings in Coventry's long, sad history. Directly at fault for all three goals, in particular that utterly shambolic attempted clearance for the first.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Adrianics posted:

I think I can sum up our 3-3 draw against Bradford with:

Attacking: :drat:

Defending: :negative:

Seriously, Jordan Clarke may well have had one of the worst defensive outings in Coventry's long, sad history. Directly at fault for all three goals, in particular that utterly shambolic attempted clearance for the first.
Haha I was watching the first half of that too, bloody hell. That first Bradford goal was just awful, keeper comes when he really shouldn't, then Clarke should clear it and completely miscues.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

It's going to be a hairy end to the season if we keep going with possibly the division's best strike partnership, and one of the worst defences.

...Lol, Clarke and Wilson will both be sold for pittance to a poo poo Championship team! :)

Adrianics fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 19, 2013

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Actually stomping round in the big boy trousers right now

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Football Gods: Alright, alright, you boys have had your fun. Now it's time to remind you that you're Coventry City, lol

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Macauley Bonne, best Macauley. Kinda depressing that one of Colchester's best players this season is a teenager who's been thrown in because everyone else is broken, but hey, I think we can all get behind a victory against Franchise MK.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

SIGN SOME loving DEFENDERS PLEASE

HCO Plumer GCB GCM
Apr 29, 2010

"Gentlemen, we may not make history tomorrow, but we shall certainly change the geography."
League 1 rollercoaster for Bees fans this week.

Got the go-ahead to build our shiny new 20,000 seater stadium on Friday .. horraye.

Lost our manager to loving Wigan on Saturday, and promptly got booted out of the FA cup.

It's a funny old game.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Notts...won a game?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Popehoist posted:

Notts...won a game?

The Shaun Derry Effect

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
2 potentially iffy penalties (they looked outside the box from where I was) and the worst Elvis performance I have ever seen. Welcome to Vale Park!!!

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

idk what to say about this season there's nothing but at least there are probably 4 worse teams than us in league 1.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Redundant posted:

2 potentially iffy penalties (they looked outside the box from where I was) and the worst Elvis performance I have ever seen. Welcome to Vale Park!!!

3 games in as many weeks that we've dropped points to refball. But at least the football is good. We should avoid the drop if we keep playing like this.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
The ref in the Pompey v Daggers game had a horrific second half. It didn't cost us, though.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Rusty! posted:

The ref in the Pompey v Daggers game had a horrific second half. It didn't cost us, though.

He was a right jobsworth and the second half was atrocious

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Boxing Day football owns, spend an hour and a half driving to Colchester's lovely plastic ground in a field, watch your team get smashed up 4-0, freeze your tits off, miss five minutes of the second half to get a cup of tea because the catering sucks so much, drive an hour and a half back.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Also it will please people to hear that the queues were massive for the food stands and there were no pies or beers left after five minutes, the Fratton Park experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
Over 40 staff short apparently, leading to that gently caress up.

• Locked thread