Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

This sounds awesome! Just started a new playthrough of Dawn and would definitely use these. If I apply the patches now, though, would that require new save games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
In other news, I've been playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate recently and it's insane how well they've done Simon and Richter. The models and animations are beautiful and the moveset is great. Controling them somehow both feels like playing Smash Bros. and like playing a classic Castlevania, where you're constantly chaining whipmoves, uppercuts and secondary weapons to force your enemies into range before finishing them off. And you get to summon Alucard as an NPC to help you out.

Combine that with the way Snake is present, and it feels like Nintendo is taking greater care of Konami's franchises then they are doing themselves.

EDIT: Also, Richter just yelled at Kirby that he didn't belong in this world. :allears:

A Worrying Warlock fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 4, 2019

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Plays well, too. And if you like it, here's a spiritual sequel.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
For me, nothing will ever top the part in Dawn of Sorrow where you fight Dimitri and he keeps copying your powers. It's supposed to trip you up, but I ways go in with the Witch bulletsoul and hurl cats at him. Then he does the same, and the fight just becomes two men tossing kittens at each other.

Best boss fight in the series.