Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendly gentleman
Jul 8, 2007

UH, THIS ISNT YOUR DOG IS IT
Budget - Under $200.
Source - On board audio on a Dell Latitude E6230 (work PC), on board Asus P8Z68-V LX (home pc), Galaxy Nexus (on the go)
Isolation Requirements - People on the phone in the cube next to me, subway commuters.
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEMs
Past Headphones - Monoprice 8320, poor quality wires keep tangling and fraying. Shure E2Cs, didn't like the way they sat in my ears. Sennheiser 555s, sat on my ears funny and caused pain after a few hours of wear, regardless I'm looking for something lower profile.
Music - Heavy hip hop, good amounts of rock/ metal / electronica

I'll be using these headphones for work, home, commuting and the gym. I'm looking some something low profile enough to just stuff in my pocket. I'd really like a headphone that has wires that are somewhat tangle proof and do not get damaged / keep their proper shape when bent (much unlike the Monoprice 8320). Additionally, a cord on the shorter side would be nice. Anything I should consider aside from what's in the OP? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendly gentleman
Jul 8, 2007

UH, THIS ISNT YOUR DOG IS IT
I've had enough with the VSONIC GR07 Bass Editions - these headphones are pretty well liked on Head-Fi and I think I've seen some posts on them here. Late last year I ordered a pair to the US from lendmeurears.com (the only US authorized retailer for VSONIC products as far as I know) and haven't gotten a working pair since. I'm currently on my 3rd pair which I received as an RMA earlier in the week - again - like all the other pairs, the left earbud keeps skipping / crackling. Does anyone else have experience with this issue with the GR07's? A review of the lendmeurears.com Facebook page (the only communication channel that they seem to pay attention to) shows a ton of people with the same exact issue - left earbud.

I've had it and I'm trying to get a complete refund - seriously gently caress these headphones. Now lendmeurears.com is in Singapore and VSONIC is pretty much does business only in China - what are my chances here? I paid with a credit card through PayPal. Am I SOL?

And as a happy headphone side-note: what do I look at as a replacement around $150?

Budget: $150. Can be higher if necessary.
Source: LG G2 Android phone, Dell work laptop.
Isolation Requirements: A good amount, would like to use during my noisy commute.
Preferred Type of Headphone: IEMs.
Preferred Tonal Balance: Listen to a good amount of hip hop and electronic music these days - so something more bass heavy would probably be more my thing.
Past Headphones: HD555s - awesome but I sold them because I felt goofy wearing them in public. VSONIC GR07 Bass Editions - see above, they were always broken.
Preferred Music: Hip hop, alternative, electronic music.

Thanks!