Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

BurritoJustice posted:

I have a pair of AD900x's that I have had for a while, and I love them. But I have a small worry. One of the two cables that go between the two speakers has become very loose, whereas the other is just as tight. I can wiggle it around quite easily. Should I be worried about this? And if so, is there a way of tightening it/getting it back into position properly?

Oh the rubberish plasticky thing? That's just a cover, it's not going anywhere, it's mainly to cover up the wire and support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Anyone tried DeciBullz pliable ear molds yet? Impressions?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Molding is always expensive though, check with local audiologists what they'd charge and what brands they offer. See if they offer a warranty on the fit. You could hypothetically upgrade the drivers later if you're not 100% happy with how they sound.

There are user-pliable molds out there for ~$15 that I'm really wondering about. It's more idle curiosity than anything, but that would be cool if they worked in any acceptable fashion.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Xovaan posted:

Try to go to a headphone meet and see just how different amplification is at various price points.

Just awakening from my slumber to chime in and say that this is a bit of a trap for someone just getting into headphones. It's fine enough to listen to other cans, but other people are best to be avoided in this situation. They may tell you all sorts of pure, unadulterated bullshit, and you'll leave knowing less than when you went in. If you do go, just remember that just because they're enthusiasts, does not make them right (or an expert).

It's an easy mistake to make with the best intentions, but sticking to the hard-science stuff will keep you in the know.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 6, 2014

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Looking at the spec sheet for the 650 you'll probably want a chipamp of some sort. Doesn't have to be crazy, but just make sure the output impedance is below, I dunno, 30Ω and you'll be more than fine. Most chipamps are <2Ω anyway, so you don't have to spend a shitload of money.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Elentor posted:

Since the AD2000 is more of a sidegrade, is there any headphone that is a straight-up upgrade to the AD900?

The AD900's sound is just... so clean. It's one of the few headphones that let me understand what people are saying in movies/TV shows without subtitles (English is not my native language);

How's the sound signature of the Sennheiser 700 and 800? Not that I can buy them anytime in the foreseeable future, just curious.

Considering that the value of a set of headphones is tied largely user-preference, that's a question that'll garner a wide range of answers. It's certainly a great value for high-end audio economically, though. Those 3D paddle bands are cool as hell.

Looking at this set of charts, it looks like the HD 800 measures better than the ATH-AD900s in an academic point of view, but the differences aren't so enormous that the wildly different price will seem immediately worth it to many. But again, it's a hobby, so ymmv.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 16, 2014

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

KillHour posted:

Have people had issues with the build quality of the BA-200's? The pair I just got from Amazon Warehouse fell apart in my ear on the airplane. They still work, but the glue holding the case together was completely gone, and some of the wires were frayed inside. Does anyone know if Amazon Warehouse accepts returns/exchanges for products that fail within the first 30 days?

You should be able to return it, especially if you contact customer service. I believe Amazon backs their warehouse deals with their own warranty, so the 30 day limit should still apply.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Feenix posted:

Hey fine gents & ladies. About a year ago I wandered in here with a request for a solid set of headphones and got turned onto a ~$100-ish Audio Technica supa-aural (closed) set. (At least I think it was supa, maybe circum-?)

Anyhoo, they were pretty fantastic but my wife loved them so much I gave them to her for her work use.

So now I want new cans. And I turn to you again for great advice...

Wish list:

Comfy

Circum-Aural or at least Supa-Aural.

Closed

Ehhhh, let's say under $150 (but don't shy away from a suggestion if it just breaches that threshold a little...)

I like good well-rounded sound. Able to handle low end, but doesn't need to be a Miami Bass Machine...

Uses: iPad movies and Tv shows, Korg Gadget music studio, music listenin'.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions. :)

Do you remember the model number? Might be able to get you something similar.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

jooky posted:

Is Audio Technica coming out with something to replace the ATH-AD700 in the future? I see that the current model has been discontinued on their site: http://eu.audio-technica.com/en/products/product.asp?catID=6&subID=43&prodID=156

ATH-AD700x

e:f;b

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm looking for a pair of headphones, and I'd like to spend around $200. Circumaural, closed, no amp, and physical size REALLY isn't a problem at all, I promise. I want to be absolutely sure they go 100% over my ears with some room to spare - just tried a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LP2s and they made my ears sore from my glasses, so I went back to my old-rear end Christmas-gift pair of Bose AE2s. Looking for complete sound isolation, since my roommate's bedroom and bathroom both share a wall with my bedroom and I use them on the bus once in a while. I like bass, but not at the expense of vocals - I'm a big prog rock fan - and I don't know what I want beyond that.

I'd also like a band that is thick rather than thin, since my hair really noticeably parts around the thin band of my current pair and it makes me look like I've been wearing a yarmulke. (This has actually been said to me. Multiple times.) However, that's obviously my lowest priority, since it's way easier to just fix that than everything else about phones.

e: vvvvvvvvvvv
I REALLY hate the way they feel. Never found a pair that didn't make me want to gouge my own ears out, and believe me, I've tried. I really just want an ugly, unsexy, giant pair of cans. I swear.

Isolation without active noise cancelation is tough with over-ears. However, listening at a sufficient (but safe) volume is enough for many people.

Sounds like you might like the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. If you ever get tired of any part of it, throw it away and get a new part. You can also change the level of bass emphasis to your liking. If you have trouble with headphones sucking with glasses, I've heard using the velour pads help a lot.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 7, 2014

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

me your dad posted:

What the gently caress does it mean when someone says the "bass sounds fast"?

Sometimes I feel like headphone reviews are like craft beer reviews. Maybe the OP could update with a guide to understanding common descriptive phrases.

Shibboleths. One of my old posts was saved touching on some of it, but much of it is the language used in marketing and enthusiast realms. It isn't sexy to talk about a shift in emphasis at xHz and what that means for your cymbals or middle C, so this stuff gets used a lot.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 8, 2014

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Does anybody here have any experience with turtle beach Z22s for gaming? I used X12s on the 360 which I liked, but the reviewer linked in the OP seems to poo poo all over the turtle beach sets that they are reviewing.

Could you recommend any competitors for around £30-£40 ($50-70)?

*Unpopular position incoming*

Mostly okay, especially when you consider that you already like their brother cans. Honestly, if you like them, great—they're good for you. With Turtle Beach headsets, they typically don't shoot for the best audio performance for music, but they'll do things like deaden the range of sound where the percussive sounds of VG machine gun fire lives a little bit so the rest of the sounds come in at a loudness you can hear. Obviously this means less-than-stellar performance for music-heavy games like RPGs, but for FPS it's fine and works. People like to poo poo on TB because their headphones typically add in a ton of distortion and get the rap of crappy headsets because they don't perform well. Warranted, but sometimes the best performance isn't what people look for.

There are other headsets you might like for around that price range like the Logitech G230 for shooters (PC) and the Razer Carcharias for RPGs (PC also), but you might be able to snag an adapter for the 360 if that's what you want to use it with. My best advice is to make sure you know the return policy of wherever you buy from, make sure you keep all the packaging, and see if you can't swap out headphones if you don't like 'em. That's really the only way you'll know if they're a perfect fit or not.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

^^^Yeah, maybe. I mean my laptop has it's own Mic built in so maybe I do only need headphones and not a gaming headset.

Thanks for the reply. For anybody else I should maybe clarify that I am pretty much done with the 360 now so it'll only be for PC gaming and mostly FPSs where sound and communication is key. To be honest I'm happy sound quality-wise with the pair of skullcandy £20-30 headphones I got for free with an Ipod, but they are so uncomfortable after about a hour.

The Logitech ones mentioned in my previous post hits your criteria pretty well, as well as the shooter thing. Midorka is absolutely right about the desktop mic setup, but I get that sometimes shipping kinda clips your available budget a bit if you're buying online, so that may or may not be the most cost effective option—I'm in the US, so I'm not used to some of the pricing/shipping variance in the UK/elsewhere.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

/\/\ No, no—you get it.

Require More Fire posted:

What is this 'burn in' anyhow? I've heard people mention it before but I've no idea what it is/means.

Mostly pure bullshit. Much of the evidence of it being A Thing shows changes of <1dB at certain frequencies, which falls squarely into the "margin of error" territory.

There are some pieces of older equipment that do fatigue based on a number of factors, but it really does not make an audible difference 99.99% of the time. If someone tells you to burn something in, don't listen to them, they're wrong. Just enjoy your cans like a normal person.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Tactical Lesbian posted:

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B003BYRGLI/

these are the most sturdy headphones I've come across. sound is decent too. bass-heavy, can't remember much else

Removable/replaceable cable that's wrapped in a kevlar weave. They are notoriously hard to kill.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Dunno if these'd fit, but DeciBullz are worth a look if you don't want to spend a ton on custom-molded things. If they can fit your nozzle, they can be re-molded if your ear changes at all.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

If your primary listening source is an iOS device, CanOpener is always worth a look. Most of the time, "imaging" has more to do with the parent file and source than your headphones, so modifying the signal there is what you should be looking to do (if you really care about that sort of thing).

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shif posted:

Is that available on the Android platform?

Unfortunately not yet.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Midorka posted:

Going from the Ad900 to the Ad2000, mind you I'm not talking about the X, I found that the soundstage decreased slightly going from the Ad700 to the Ad900, and again to the Ad2000. What I was left with was an entirely different beast that compliments the Ad900 perfectly. The Ad2000 is closer to the A900x than the Ad900.

As for the build of the Ad900x, I've never used them, but I found the Ad900 built nicely. I wonder how the Ad900x is built in comparison.

They're lighter, use less material for the 3D wings, and the band is a bit more resilient. The pads are different, instead of the old ones, they use a strange sorta plasticine-coated foam.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

Was thinking about getting a pair of Sennheiser Momentum headphones. Any reason to avoid? I've heard nothing but good things so far.

On or over ear?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Cool. Well, dunno if you've tried them on yet or not, but some people find them to not be truly over-ear and touches their pinnae inappropriately. They also mute the highest note in a standard piano to reduce cymbal harshness, but the best thing you can do is try them out at a store or something to figure out if you like that or not—your taste matters the most when buying headphones anyways, so don't worry about nerds screeching about buying the "wrong" headphones or whatever.

If you're looking at the Momentums, then I assume you're looking for a somewhat bassy consumer-type headphone, right? They fit an equal-loudness contour (all sounds hit about where they should in volume in relation to how your ear works) with the exception of that one note muted. Similar headphones include the V-Moda M-100, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, Audio Technica ATH-M50. If you want active noise cancellation, the Harman Kardon NC is probably one of the best ANC headphones in terms of sound quality under $400.

If you're looking at something more for home use, the other models mentioned in the thread are more than worthy, and you may want to poke around review sites like Reviewed.com, headphone.com, innerfidelity.com etc. for ideas.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 7, 2014

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, I mean, no set of headphones is going to get you off or anything. It's easy to be enthusiastic about a purchase, but there is no "perfect" set of cans.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I went ahead and bought the Momentums after trying it on in the Apple Store on my way to work. I think they'll do just fine, and are a big step up from the Beats Pros that I got as a gift last year. I also sided toward it for the nice looks and design as well as the comfort on the ears. I have a decent ear for music, but again, I was using Beats Pros before so just about anything in the $300 price range was going to be a step up.

Glad you have something you enjoy! Mazel Tov.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Illegal Carrot posted:

Even the top rated positive review for them on Amazon noted

While the highest rated positive review for the 700X (which used the same drivers as the 700) says

I play a lot of actiony games, so getting the most out of every gunshot / explosion means a lot to me.
Of all the reviews I read, the consensus seems to be that the 700 series has excellent sound quality, with a notable lack of bass, and that the 700 is heavy and bulky, while the 700X is lighter but much cheaper.

Sorry but I want to be sure that I'm getting everything I want for my $200.

Neither the 700 nor the 700X are heavy, but they also distribute their weight extremely well with the paddle bands.

The "lack of bass" is mostly just "it isn't emphasized too much over the rest of the sound."

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Depends on what you want, but no headphones will ever really make you believe you're in the game.

powderific posted:

If Illegal Carrot wants to have really satisfying bass in explosions and whatnot I don't think it makes much sense to push towards cans that have neutral/weakish bass. I really like the overall sound from my Etymotic HF3's and AKG Q701's despite their similar bass shy reputations, but they might be really disappointing to someone who's specifically looking for a strong bottom end.

Who's pushing?

BurritoJustice posted:

M50's certainly have their flaws, but goddamn they are enjoyable in my opinion. The sound staging is not great compared to others in their bracket, and the heavily closed sound is not for everyone. But they have excellent and plentiful bass, and the isolation is fantastic in my opinion. So YMMV, read reviews and if possible try and find some to listen to.

Those could be fun. "Sound staging" isn't really a thing headphones do-mostly it's the source that alters the signal for the headphones, but it's only so effective based on a set of parameters determined by the electrical properties of the headphones. Any Dolby thing/sound card should be more than enough to handle that, though.

Carrot- you may enjoy Beyerdynamic DT 770 cans. They emphasize bass strongly without boosting sibilance. You might be able to find them in your price range given how old they are, and they use velour padding. Less clamping force than the M50, but also bigger.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Royality posted:

I know nothing about headphones and there are so many different models. Help would be amaaazing. :)

Budget: Preferably around £150 ($240) but could stretch higher or even reduce price if it wasn't worth the extra etc. I want the best 'quality of sound' to price to longevity ratio I suppose (don't we all!).
Source: My macbook pro primarily. Also my electric piano/tv and iphone sometimes.
Isolation Requirements: Would be nice, but not necessarily a priority.
Preferred Type of Headphone: Over-ear ones.
Preferred Tonal Balance: No real preference. I don't really understand what tonal balance means!
Past Headphones: Um.... cheap lovely ones for as long as I can remember. Anything would be an upgrade!
Preferred Music: I listen mostly to boring indy and pop.

I have so far looked at Sennheiser HD558s. I was tempted to fork out for Sennheiser HD 650s but not sure if my untrained ears would appreciate them!

I wouldn't worry so much about having "untrained" ears. That said, you probably don't want to spend that much to begin with.

The 558s are great headphones, but if you want more options, the audio technica ath-ad700x are about that price, along with the beyerdynamic custom one pro (has four swappable sounds), beyerdynamic DT 990 pros are about that price, V-moda crossfade LP 2 (tough to damage), BRAINWAVZ HM5 if you err towards utility over aesthetics....

There are a lot of options.

As per the "tonal balance" thing, it's a term used for people to equate to frequency response: the overall emphasis of each frequency output by the headphones for a given power (or volume). So really, all that asks is whether you like bassy headphones, headphones that don't emphasize any notes over others, etc. Most consumer headphones shoot what's called an equal loudness contour (ISO standard 226:2003) which tries to mimic what must people perceive as all sounds having equal loudness. However, that means bass is boosted, as well as sibilant sounds like cymbals.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Royality posted:

Which pair would you choose out of interest?

With your parameters probably the closed back headphones if you want to take them outside with you.

Custom one pros are fun if only for their ability to change the way they sound whenever you want them to. They have a removable cable, but one of the sound options underemphasizes the highest note on an 88 key piano. Tough to kill. Will work with iPhone, but no stock microphone.

The v-modas are tailored to be that consumer sound I talked about, so good for pop/jazz/rock. Virtually indestructible, comes with microphone. Less good for the piano.

The BRAINWAVZ have a very "flat" sound, but are durable, and the least expensive of the three. Would be great for your piano, a bit less so for the iphone, but still more than fine. No microphone.

I'd say the custom one pros are close to what you've described, but if you need a microphone you can grab the cable of the LP 2 from vmoda and it will work. It's a good idea anyway- the drat thing is wrapped in a Kevlar weave.

Sorry for the novella-just giving you the best picture I can.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Hey, at least they asked about it before feeding the Audiophoolery BS machine. It was a smart move.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The Zapper would approve. Velour is often a good choice if you wear glasses too, fwiw.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Honestly lossless is mostly important for archival purposes. Humans really can't resolve high bitrates like that, and most of the time 25+ year olds won't be able to tell the difference between 320kbps MP3s and FLAC unless their ears are significantly different than others their age, or with almost no noise-induced hearing loss.

Get FLAC when you can to convert to Ogg/MP3/whatever the new flavor of compression is, but really don't stress about listening to it all that much. Way too bloated for mobile devices if you want to store a lot of songs on your phone or whatever.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I thought it was settled years ago that no one could tell the difference in 256k mp3's compared to lossless, and that almost no one could tell from 192k onward?

It was, though it was closer to 256/320 than 192/256. Piling up lossless stuff should mainly be seen as a way to have access to a better file compression standard when it comes out. Listening to lossless is just too much data to be worth it when you literally can't hear the difference.

But yeah, people will still board that Autism V rocket into outer sperg about lossless files and all that. Considering how prevalent and loud dumb opinions get on the internet, it's worth it to reiterate the whole "Bitrate isn't that important" thing from time to time.

e. Test your own ears

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 25, 2014

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

liddl ninja posted:

I just found a good deal on B&W P7's and I need help with a portable setup.

I will be using an iPhone5.

Can someone recommend me a DAC/AMP for P7's + iPhone5 ? What about the "ANDES-E07K" ?

Will this setup work with my iPhone if I get an adapter between my phone and the LOD ?

The iPhone should be more than adequate.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Midorka posted:

...product descriptions are marketing bullshit.

Please bold, siren, and make flashing in the OP.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Midorka posted:

There is evidence actually, Tyll posted graphs that, while inconclusive, certainly look like it's happening. Tyll posted this. Tyll claims that the results were inconclusive because there are too many variables. I get that, but I am also seeing that the headphones response is not changing erratically from measurement to measurement. The graph is tightening up each measurement.

Now I've heard more headphones brand new to 100+ hours than most people that will post here, maybe even the most. I can say with certainty that I've heard this phenomena. This is why I make sure to listen to a headphone for at least 50 hours of head time after 50 hours of playing music through them while at work before I consider making a judgement. 50 hours to allow for the diaphragms to stretch their legs and 50 hours for me to get accustomed to the sound.

You can believe me or not, that's your prerogative, but there certainly needs to be a counter-point to your bold claims.

Edit: Page 2, Fig 6:

Thing is though, for that you need to eliminate the fit as a variable. Those headphones use plasticine foam and a fabric cover that fatigues and compresses under pressure over time.

And when the changes presented are often less than 1dB, that's well within any margin of error. Grack's claims aren't bold—there really is no conclusive evidence that speaker burn-in is the main driver ( :v: ) of a perceived change in performance. Same goes for "soundstage" and a bunch of other terms that really aren't connected to the components of the machine.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Midorka posted:

Let's be honest here, the graphs are clearly moving in one direction for the first few measurements. That's not dumb luck. I fully admit that pad break-in is another variable, as is positioning, but the graphs are showing steady forward moving changes in the first 5 measurements.

It's bold to say that it doesn't exist because that's just not right. I'm not saying I am either, though.

Tyll's data, while interesting and certainly worthy of exploration (thanks for posting it, btw—I hadn't seen that before), doesn't show a meaningful relationship between time and driver performance. Like he said, too many variables. When the changes are most marked in either ranges most listeners physically cannot hear, or in power sums that any listener physically cannot hear—you can safely toss out any apparent correlation as it's well within the margin of error for this type of data collection.

Things like accumulated heat from your head reducing ear pad resistance (something not found on a HAT simulator), air pressure/temp, etc can swing ranges much more dramatically than that. While it's tempting to point to an apparent trend in data, this particular one doesn't cross into an irreproachable corpus of samples.

The experiment was cool, though, and good to figure out!

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Psmith posted:

Grado is actually one of the ones I had considered in my research. Either the SR60 or SR80 as they both come in a little below my price range. I've heard they have kind of a love it/hate it sound so I definitely wanted to listen first. I've been trying to find a place to go where I can listen in the Boston area. I think I found one in Cambridge so I will definitely check it out.

I was also looking at the Sennheiser 558 and the ATH AD700x. I was a little put off by people describing the 558's as "bland" but I honestly have no idea what that means as someone who is completely new to high end headphones

Sound Lion in Harvard Sq. Cambridge, Sound Lab in Harvard Sq. Cambridge, or Q Audio in Central Sq. Cambridge. The last two are the quietest inside.

e. Unquantifiable adjectives are generally horseshit, feel free to ignore them.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 2, 2014

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Psmith posted:

Perfect, thanks! I'll figure out which one is easiest to get to and go try out some headphone options

e: just checked the websites of those places (I think Sound Lab is actually Audio Lab) and that is exactly what I needed so thanks again

Ah, crap. Shows how much I remembered about that place. It's in that weird hidden mall. Good luck!

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Biodome posted:

My friend was about to buy these headphones for around $500.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/at-home/hifi-manufaktur/dt-880-manufaktur.html

I was wondering if you all had any other recommendations in the same over the ear style around that price range or is that the best value she can buy? She pretty much just listens to singer songwriter stuff. Music only.

Thanks!

Those are pretty damned good—I'm assuming that for the price she was adding in personalized options? I'm not aware of other places you can do that.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Oh, uh, at work is a bad idea if there's other people around. Those are open-backed, so the sound is gonna leeeeeaaaakkk (also let in a bunch of outside noise too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Biodome posted:

She asked a coworker for a recommend and those are the ones he told her to buy. I guess they went to $500 cause she wanted to customize the colors and stuff.

If she wants some cheaper closed back ones, beyerdynamic also makes the custom one pro, which can be designed piecemeal.