Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Hi friends, I need a recommendation.

Budget - Up to 350USD for a pair of headphones and 450USD for a headset. I really don't want to go north of that price also I expect them to last me a long time. Also I live in Oz.
Source - I'm building a new PC and it will have a SBx AE-5. So the ports are all 3.5mm. There is an amp for the headphone jack so it supports headphone with an impedance of 600ohms
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over ear, but I just want a good set of cans. I have a v.large head, so something that is loose fitting for most would be great for me
Preferred Tonal Balance - Even.
Past Headphones - I have a set of low end Razers. My standards are kind of low. My first time splashing out on something like this.
Preferred Music - Rock, classical and gaming.

Other poo poo: Also I would prefer the cable to be 1.8 meters or longer. Or it might not reach me from the computer placement. So any good headset or headphones would be nice. If you know a good standalone mic + headphone combo tell me about it please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

I will look into the AKG 7XX. There doesn't seem to be many 3.5mm microphones on the market unless it is some cheap dodgy one :/

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

I got drunk in front of my computer 2 weeks ago and when I left the house for work 3 days later I found a Creative Soundblaster AE-9 on my doorstep. I am dumb but instead of returning it I decided to get some headphones to pair with it and I went with the Adam Audio SP-5. I wanted some headphones that could output great sound but not too heavy on bass and these are really good for it. My previous best headphones were nowhere near this price range and it is pretty amazing the amount of extra details I can pick up in music tracks that I have heard many times before. Apart from fidgeting with the equalizer a bit for different types of music and games these have been really fun to listen to. I will probably go deaf in a year or so.