Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I occasionally wear my HD598s on longer flights/train rides because they're comfortable and don't murder my ears in searing pain, but they're open with bad isolation and don't grip too tightly, so they're a suboptimal choice for short commutes for reasons other than "oh no that 14yo with DRE beats might be judging me!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

redeyes posted:

I think the idea of 'flat response' is loving insane. A good headphone should reproduce EVERYTHING
I think you're muddying up ideas here - if you go for "audible experience", then a flat response (with external EQ to "bass boost" or "smile" to your hearts content if that's not already premixed into the source) is what you want - unless your vague implication is that those are somehow exclusive?

If you want a live experience that includes horrible mixing, tons of other crowd noise and the occasional beer shower, that's a bit beyond the scope of headphone specs.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

redeyes posted:

I just don't see anyone enjoying flat response IEMs or speakers. I guess they may exist but they are probably just fooling themselves into liking their super expensive phones..
Yep, you got me! Nobody could possible disagree with you and those who do are not only lying to you, but also to themselves.

jesus christ dude, this might work better if it sounded like you had any idea what you were talking about.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

redeyes posted:

Its my opinion, just like yours which is wrong.
Hahaha, you're hilarious. You know what, go on making an ignorant fool of yourself, i'll just stand back and enjoy the show. :)