Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Budget - ~$250
Source - iPhone/iPad
Isolation Requirements - Nothing too crazy, general ambient sound. Walking through campus/gym
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEM
Preferred Tonal Balance - Balanced, good bass
Past Headphones - Klipsh S4. Looking for something with a more genuine, full sound and comfort
Preferred Music - Electronica / Rock

I'm also looking for something with iPhone Forward/Pause/Back controls and a microphone, however if this severely limits my options I'm willing to sacrifice the convenience of it. Thanks for the help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Quick question, I have a pair of Denon AH-D2000's that I bought a couple years ago and rarely used until recently. Now that I'm enjoying them much more often on my PC, I'm looking to add a sound card that will allow me to hear their full potential while gaming and listening to music. I have been doing a bit of research and it looks like the Creative Sound Blaster ZxR would be what I'm looking for. Basically what I'm wondering is, will the built in amp be sufficient for powering these headphones? I'm new to audio gear and getting a bit confused on how much power the D2000's need to sound right.

ZxR Sound Card
Texas Instrument 6120A2 (120dB DAC, 80mW into 600 ohm)
AH-D2000
Impedance @ 1kHz: 25 Ohms
Sensitivity: 106dB/mW