Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Just got my pair of NVX XPT100 in the mail. Loving them so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Midorka posted:

Glad my review helped you.

Definitely!

They're a bit more quiet than I'm used to with buds, but I'm having a great time with them. If I do decide to go for an amp at some point, is the FiiO E6 anything to consider for a student budget? I noticed that it was packaged with the NVX XPT100's at one point, so I was just wondering.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Alright, looking to get some new PC headphones to replace my thoroughly-broken Playstation Gold Wireless set (note: I would like a durable pair):

Budget: Under $150, please. Durability is key as well.
Source: PC first. Phone possibly, if it works out, but PC is the main concern here.
Isolation Requirements: I need these to not bleed very much if at all. I will be using them to play loud games in a small apartment.
Preferred Type of Headphone: Over-Ear (Again, Closed so that there is minimal sound bleed). I don't mind looking ridiculous with giant cups on the side of my head, but I wear glasses and have a rather large head, so fit might be a concern.
Preferred Tonal Balance: Balanced? Neutral? I don't know. Planning to be playing shooters like Battlefield, Titanfall, in the immediate future, but will also use these for plenty of non-shooter gaming and movies as well.
Past Headphones:
  • "Playstation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset": My gaming headphones up until the hinge completely fell apart and the arm snapped above the hinge. I really enjoyed being wireless, but since I'll be at my computer for all gaming use, I probably don't need it. These lasted just over a year.
  • NVX Audio XPT100: These were my gaming/main pair before the Gold Wireless. They're now the headphones I use at work. I don't really have issues with them, so if you think I should just get another pair of those, let me know. I figure there's better pairs for gaming out there. I've had these for just over three years, and they're still working fine.
Preferred Music: Pretty much everything I can find. Casually, I enjoy music that crams as many instruments and mashes as many styles as possible. I do enjoy my bass, and a powerful sound is great, but gaming is the main focus here.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 9, 2016

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Rushi posted:

Right now I'm lookinag at picking up some ATH-M50x. These will be my first non-razer/gaming headphones so I'm pretty excited.

It seems it hits EVERYTHING I want in the price range - durable, great sound with some fun bass, loud compared to my normal garbage, doesn't need an amp.

It just seems to be so popular, however it also seems to have a good amount of haters (reddit etc)

I think I'm just posting cause I'm weak and need affirmation that I should go ahead with this buy :)

Also interested in pad recommendations as I heard comfort may be the only issue, however I'm used to wearing garbage on ear headphones so I'm not too worried. I'm just really worried about a pad that will hurt sound quality.

Uh, I guess to add to this, If I'm looking primarily for gaming headphones, is it worth getting the m50x, or should I just go for the m40x?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Has anyone here tried out the new wireless headset from Audio-Technica, the ATH-G1WL?

I'm looking for a good wireless headset for couch gaming - yes, I know. It has to be wireless. :shrug:

I think I'm probably settled between the ATH-G1WL and Steel Series' Arctis Pro Wireless. I really like the features of the Arctis, but the few mic tests I've been able to find of the ATH-G1WL sound better, and actually pretty good. I'm not looking to be a pro streamer or anything, but not sounding like complete poo poo to my coplayers would be great.

Thoughts between these two? Suggestions of a different setup?

What: Wireless headset with mic.
Budget: Under $300 or so.
Use: Gaming without waking the house.
Requirements: Wireless with a good USB dongle (~15 to 20 feet from computer with line-of-sight). Low-latency Rechargeable. Over-ear and closed back.
Desires: Good/Great audio in, acceptable/good audio out. Comfortable on a big head.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 9, 2019