Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
What the gently caress am I doing wrong? My last three sets of headphones (Today was the third) have all died with one or both of the cans just stopping audio unless you jiggle it just right and don't move. I'm not violent with them. They all live on my desk, with not pulling or anything. I don't nibble them or anything like that. I'm seriously considering switching to wireless headphones. Bad idea?

For reference my sets were two Sony HiFI or something headphones (The second replaced the first under warranty) and now my Sennheiser HD65TV set, which I bought specifically because, "hey, TV, that means it must be able to stand up to a tonne more abuse than I'll ever do!"

Alternately is there some way to get these fixed? I doubt I'd be able to open them up myself without breaking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Midorka posted:

Maybe it's your source, not your headphones. Have you tried different sources?

WugLyfe posted:

That was my thought as well.

Are the headphones' cables Y-shaped or I-shaped? You might be able to repair them, but it sounds like the problem is independent of the headphones themselves.

I have tried different sources and it's definitely the headphones. For shits and giggles I opened them up and the cabling inside is fine and I have to manipulate the actual cord to get sound indicating that the actual cable is screwed?

I got the shits up and went and bought new ones anyway. I ended up with Sennheiser HD280s. With an extended warranty thrown in for free because gently caress paying for another replacement.