Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

grack posted:

Generic memory foam tips you can get off of eBay will fit with no problems. JVC Marshmallow tips will work as well. Shure and Klipsch use much smaller nozzles so don't get those.

I'm a bit late but how much of an improvement are these over , say, double flange tips? I have double flange tips on my Jlab J4s which are my commuter pair, but the double flanges never stay in and I have to angle them right to get the full seal (and effectively, bass.) IEMs staying in the ear is kind of important when you're on the go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

grack posted:

Sounds like you need larger tips. Foam will seal a little better and, at least for some people, be more comfortable. Isolation should be about the same.

I sit right about the middle for size, since small ones immediately fall out and the larger ones won't even go in (even with the earlobe trick.) Could just be lovely tips, though, maybe a better, larger one will suit my needs.