Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hello, headphone thread.

I've owned (and have not necessarily been proud of):
Sony MDR-V6 (twice) - my favorite for bass so far,
Sony MDR-7506 - my favorite for techno/electronic reproduction so far,
Sennheiser 555 - my favorite for soundstage so far,
Tritton 720+ - my favorite for directionality so far,
Bose QC15 - this wins not a single category.

I'm planning on an upgrade from the $150 range to let's say the $300/$350 range.

Really the only thing I want is a jaw-dropping step-up in audio quality. A nice soundstage/tight (but not necessarily powerful) bass are the only qualities I value the most.

So far I've been eying the Senn HD6*0s, Stax SR-003, AKG Q701s - I really don't even know how these four headphones compare to each other.

My main sources are my PC with an i5 motherboard/GeForce sound, and my HTC One. I have no qualms stacking the cost of an amp to drive whatever headphones fit the bill the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU