Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Jose Pointero posted:

Going on a 14-hour flight in a couple weeks, so I'm looking for a decent portable headphone amplifier to be used with an iphone 5. Searching on Amazon, I see a lot of FiiO brand amps, and the prices look decent, but are they actually any good? Recommendation for a specific model or brand would be very helpful. This one looks neat and I like that it can be used as a DAC as well, but something tells me it won't last long on battery power. The amp I get will hopefully be able to last for most of the flight. If I can get a decent one for about $100 I'd be very happy.

I'm also open to ideas for some IEM's that don't break the bank. I have some decent earbuds but the wire is starting to crack open so they won't last much longer. I'm partial to Grado so the GR8 is tempting, but $299 is more than I'm prepared to spend right now. Some suggestions in the $150-ish range would be appreciated!

take a look at this http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/headphone-amplifiers/headphone-amplifier/c-c-bh2-portable-headphone-amplifier-battery-amp.html i own one and it sound great, is the size of a credit card and has a ridiculous 80 hour battery life. i discovered it here http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU