Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Any consensus on the Sennheiser Momentum series yet (both the around-ear and on-ear models)? On the one hand, these kind of blatantly look like the company decided to churn out some me-too "premium" headphones that deal mainly in looks rather than sound, but on the other- Sennheiser is a legit headphone company and these things are pretty.

Based on the promo it seems like these are strongly being marketed for mobile devices (inline remote, bendy plug, kevlar cable, etc)- not that I'd ever wear some ~$300 cans on the bus- so I take it that they're certainly not going to be the best bang-for-buck when it comes to home listening, right?

Check out the Inner Fidelity review of them:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/very-adult-sennheiser-momentum posted:

Let me get my one gripe out of the way, these cans are slightly small for circumaural headphones, and folks with larger than average ears may want to test fit a pair before committing to a purchase. Aside from that...

The Momentum is simply one of the best balanced headphone offerings I've ever experienced. They're very good looking, very good sounding, have excellent isolation, are easily driven from portable players, and are supremely comfortable. This is an ideal headphone for home, office, and listening on the move, but its sound is so good that I'll happily recommend it to audio professionals and audiophiles for all but the most demanding applications.

The Sennheiser Momentum is going up on the "Wall of Fame" as the best sealed headphone for general purpose uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU