Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Good morning.
For the past 10 years I've been using a pair of V-Moda crossfade LP. I use them while traveling, but most of the time I use them when I'm playing bass at my house through a Vox amplug.

Because I'm dumb, I lost them somewhere in France last week, and I need a new pair.

My initial thought is to get the newer version, the V-Moda Crossfade LP2s which are $150 on amazon. ($130 on sweetwater).

However due to it being capitalism day, the Sennheiser HD 599's are on sale for $80, which looks to be about as low as they've been.

I need something that is going to be good with bass, particularly bass coming from streaming music (I need to be able to pick out the basslines of a song when I'm trying to learn to play it). I know the Crossfades are, because my old ones were pretty great, but does anyone have any experience with one or both of them to say the crossfades are worth the $50-70 more?

Edit: one other thing, they have to be good about keeping the noise in the headphones and not leaking out, because I practice in the room next to where my wife works and routinely takes business meetings on her comp. Thanks

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU