Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What has everyone's experience been with Bluetooth headphones? I'm tired of getting tangled and adjusting my headphones when I lift, so I'm thinking of going with some wireless IEMs. I'm looking through some reviews, but I'd like as many perspectives as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You know what? I just added platinum just for you. PM away!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What is the go-to wireless sports headphone at this point? I looked at this stuff a couple of years back and I'm hoping to go wireless this time if the market for wireless headphones has come far enough.

Here's what I'm looking for:

-Used for music while at the gym and working outside

-Gotta be able to sweat in them

-Battery life and ease of charging are important. Sometimes my Saturdays are an hour at the gym, followed by 5 - 8 hours of working outside.

-This is to replace some old Bose IE2 buds that are showing some major signs of wear

-The only thing I dislike about the Bose buds is the wire. I had a lot of trouble with it getting caught on things while doing yardwork. I'm really leaning more towards wireless. If you guys tell me that wireless is still meh then I'm open to corded again.

Maybe keep this in the $100 range. $150 would be pushing it unless they come with a really solid warranty.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Using an iPhone.

Thanks for those suggestions. If I were to go another wired pair, what would you recommend? I'm not sure how much audio quality I'm willing to sacrifice after a couple of years with the IE's :smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PRADA SLUT posted:

All the Amazon ones just have "paid" reviews it seems.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. It's made researching products by user reviews on Amazon so much more difficult.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PRADA SLUT posted:

It's pretty easy to tell which products are full of those though, even if they don't say they were paid off in the review.

I just wish there was an add on to remove those reviews and re-adjust their ratings.

Right. If there was a way to filter them out, I'd be thrilled.

Oh well.

I've still been doing research to find some good gym/outdoor buds and I think I'm ready to sacrifice some audio quality for the convenience of wireless. I've considered buying the Jaybird X2's and then I ready that the next series (X3) comes out this spring, which may reduce the X2 price a good bit. Normally I would just wait, but my Bose IE2's are on their last leg. The cord is cracked and it's just a matter of time before they crap out :ohdear:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Budget - $150
Source - MSI GS70 gaming laptop.
Isolation Requirements - No isolation requirements.
Preferred Type of Headphone - Full size. I have a blue snowball microphone already, so I do not need a headset with a mic. Just headphones.
Preferred Tonal Balance - I'm not incredibly picky. I'm looking for something balanced that I can use for gaming and music. I play Overwatch and like to listen to music as I play. I also play PUBG and audio (footsteps, distant gunshots) is really important in that game.
Past Headphones - I'm using my PS4 gold headset on my laptop right now and they get uncomfortable after a while. They're pretty terrible for music as well.
Preferred Music - Pretty wide variety, but mostly indie rock, metal/hardcore and rap.

Ehud fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 9, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DancingShade posted:

I'm going to hazard a guess you want a mike as well for the gaming?

HyperX Cloud 2. They're a gamer blinged up version of an OEM chi-fi beyer knockoff. Get a version that runs off USB if you want but they also come in traditional 3.5mm variety.

Spend some of your leftover money on some Brainwavz HM5 oval earpads and call it done.

Oh sorry, I forgot to say that I have a Blue snowball mic, so I just need headphones. I have a mic already. I'll edit that into my post.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Lube banjo posted:

Open 'phones:
Audiotechnica ad900x can be had for ~$130ish. I had the old ad700 and really liked them
Sennheiser HD598 would be the other obvious choice but for some reason these cost $300 now

looking at pricing everything seems to have gone way up recently

The ad900x is what I'm leaning towards. Thanks for your input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Lube banjo posted:

Open 'phones:
Audiotechnica ad900x can be had for ~$130ish. I had the old ad700 and really liked them
Sennheiser HD598 would be the other obvious choice but for some reason these cost $300 now

looking at pricing everything seems to have gone way up recently

I went with the AD900x's and they're pretty great. I've only listened to music so far. Excited to try out some PUBG next.