Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

friendly gentleman posted:

Budget - Under $200.
Source - On board audio on a Dell Latitude E6230 (work PC), on board Asus P8Z68-V LX (home pc), Galaxy Nexus (on the go)
Isolation Requirements - People on the phone in the cube next to me, subway commuters.
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEMs
Past Headphones - Monoprice 8320, poor quality wires keep tangling and fraying. Shure E2Cs, didn't like the way they sat in my ears. Sennheiser 555s, sat on my ears funny and caused pain after a few hours of wear, regardless I'm looking for something lower profile.
Music - Heavy hip hop, good amounts of rock/ metal / electronica

I'll be using these headphones for work, home, commuting and the gym. I'm looking some something low profile enough to just stuff in my pocket. I'd really like a headphone that has wires that are somewhat tangle proof and do not get damaged / keep their proper shape when bent (much unlike the Monoprice 8320). Additionally, a cord on the shorter side would be nice. Anything I should consider aside from what's in the OP? Thanks!

I don't think this guy got a reply but he's looking for the same thing I'm looking for(I listen to music on my phone while on the subway.) My main concern is that I kind of treat my headphones like poo poo and stuff them in my pockets so of course the wire starts to die and I get irritable about it.

If they haven't made a headphone that can take my abuse then one of those over ear headphones that fold up would work too! I just like portability. Thank you all for offering advice to the average listener!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU