Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

nintendo knows that fangames strengthen the Brand more than they divert sales so they really only do the minimum level of takedowns they perceive as required to defend their trademarks, unless they perceive a fangame as too close to feature parity with their current or upcoming games. they don't want to touch the actually popular ones at all so they just roll a die and send a random takedown every few months

obviously it'd be preferable if they didn't do it at all but if they really wanted to they could salt the earth on fan projects, and they don't

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalaxyBounce
May 3, 2009
Got my first Path of Achra win on my 3rd game. My strategy was mostly stand still and blast things with my mind, or pray and teleport away if in danger.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GalaxyBounce posted:

Got my first Path of Achra win on my 3rd game. My strategy was mostly stand still and blast things with my mind, or pray and teleport away if in danger.

nice work.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not sure if im supposed to be getting way more out of the map than i am or something but the first boss is ravenswatch is pretty hard. the tentacles take awhile to kill, cant really ignore them or i just get slapped to death, and then i get about 6 seconds to dps him before he summons them all again so it takes like 5 cycles. couldnt even do it going in with all my revives.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

im not sure if im supposed to be getting way more out of the map than i am or something but the first boss is ravenswatch is pretty hard. the tentacles take awhile to kill, cant really ignore them or i just get slapped to death, and then i get about 6 seconds to dps him before he summons them all again so it takes like 5 cycles. couldnt even do it going in with all my revives.

There's a lot of variables at play there, which character? What level are you when the timer runs out? Are you focusing on damage or survivability talents? Etc.

You're definitely not supposed to ignore the tentacles, just rotate and take them down one by one but save some damage cooldowns for the DPS window when you kill the last one. I got roflstomped by it quite a few times before taking it down for the first time (I suck at bullet hell situations), but by now things are pretty much muscle memory and it doesn't give me trouble any more. It's just learning patterns. There's no time limit on the fight so don't take risks and do as many rotations as it takes. Preserving health is more important than getting that little bit of extra damage in.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
An assortment:

Indie Mystery Dungeon inspired jaunt for Android: Gaia Quest

https://old.reddit.com/r/roguelikes/comments/1cf3k4y/gaia_quest_a_mystery_dungeonlike_game_is_now/

quote:

As the title suggests, my game is a traditional 2D roguelike inspired by the Mystery Dungeon games (particularly the Shiren the Wanderer and Torneko titles). I also believe that MD-like games are quite underrepresented in the mobile/Android market, therefore I decided to develop one myself.

The game initially started as part of my CS master's studies in September 2020, and the first demo was completed in March 2022. After graduating, I wanted to build on this version and release the game, so I decided to expand and further optimize it.

The game is completely free and doesn't contain ads or microtransactions.

Some key features:

17 floors in total to explore
26 unique monsters, each with diverse abilities
Over 40 items, including consumables and equipment
No hunger mechanic, as I personally don't like it
Playable in both English and German
Of course, the game doesn't claim to be easy :)

A "hardcore", more enriched experience ongoing overhaul mod for One More Dungeon 2:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/omd2-hardcore-mode

quote:

OMD2 is a fantastic little indie arcade Ultima Underworld-lite Roguelite that comes abruptly to an end. No extra difficulty modes, no post-game content. Additionally, after you've played the game once, returning later doesn't prove particularly challenging at all after learning the nuances and bypassing the trial & error phase that any game presents. This mod is a simple yet transformative hardcore alteration of the game to keep it engaging for replays and well into the future. It will test both your knowledge of the game as well as your general action-RPG skill and decision-making. You will see that all the base game's design can be elevated to an old school cerebral standard when it doesn't have to account for a newcomer. It's not all hard and scary though! Numerous perks are improved for better balance and more interesting choices. You get more xp too.

Story behind the mod:

One More Dungeon 2 was good but after the initial hurdles, not particularly challenging. The end boss in particular was a massive joke, which is not at all ideal for a roguelite. I attempted to replay the game for a second time and it was far too easy - I beat it in three attempts. Didn't even get to try the other classes. Now the strategy and skill (and relevance of RNG) is up to hardcore action roguelite standards.
This mod was made in a little over a day, but don't let that deter you. It truly is transformative for the game, and a day's work is all that was needed to achieve that.

Card & Dice Anew with Dice & Fold: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2693930/Dice__Fold/

quote:

A turn based dungeon crawler where your only way of attacking the enemy is by rolling dice. Roll, damage, drop dice on enemies to FOLD. Inspired by classic Solitaire, in a top-down table and enemies made out of cards, try to beat the dungeon with 20 different classes. Build your deck, kill monsters.

Dice & Fold is a game that combines the strategic depth of turn-based dungeon crawlers with the thrill of chance inherent in dice games. Players unfold cards to face the creature cards and try to beat the card and fold it. Reminiscent of classic table-top RPGs and Solitaire, the game adds a simple layer of strategy.

SOLITAIRE WITH A DICE?
The core mechanic of the game revolves around dice rolling. Players engage in combat by rolling a dice, with the outcome directly influencing the strength of their attacks. The higher the roll, the more damage inflicted on the enemies. Strategic depth is introduced through the need to carefully select which enemy to attack first, requiring players to drag and drop the dice onto the appropriate enemy card's dice slot.

Each turn is a test of tactical acumen. Players must strategize the best use of their dice rolls to maximize damage and control the battlefield, while also anticipating the counterattacks from monster cards at the end of each turn. The game offers a compelling risk-reward system, challenging players to balance aggressive tactics against the need for self-preservation.

Adding to the complexity, the game features five distinct classes, each with unique abilities and playstyles. This diversity allows for varied approaches to dungeon exploration and combat, encouraging replayability and experimentation.
ROGUELIKE & DECKBUILDING
With the generative dungeon system, reminiscent of the branching pathways in "Slay the Spire." This element of choice ensures that each journey through the dungeons is a unique experience, filled with unexpected challenges and rewards. As the player you will choose the enemy and upgrade cards you want to keep in your next turn.

Between stages, players have the opportunity to choose upgrades, similar to the mechanics in "Vampire Survivors." These upgrades range from enhancing dice rolls and bolstering class abilities to gaining new upgradeable cards that can turn the tide in challenging encounters.

If a player is defeated, the game doesn’t end in frustration. Instead, players are rewarded with meta upgrades and currencies that can be used to strengthen their character for subsequent runs. This progressive system ensures a continual sense of advancement and achievement, even in defeat.
CREATE CRAZY COMBOS
With its blend of strategy, chance, and RPG elements, "Dice & Fold" offers an engaging and ever-evolving gameplay experience that appeals to both fans of dungeon crawlers and players who enjoy the unpredictability of dice-based games. Its unique combination of mechanics, and expansive upgrade system, offers a lot of replayability and fun!

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

GalaxyBounce posted:

Nice! I really like unlocking the little lore blurbs. Pure builds are fun too!

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Awesome! posted:

What are you playing as? Your damage should be a lot higher depending on who - I just played a game as Ice Queen where it died in the first stagger, although that was with a very strong run.
- Always Be Moving - this is the biggest tip. Don't slow down to fight trash unless they're stopping you from looting something. Prioritize zooming around to points of interest non-stop. The reason I had a strong run was because I got a few drops that made my ice skate ability have multiple charges and a reduced cooldown so I could just zip past enemies and grab the loot.
- When the game starts, take a minute to plan a route around the revealed PoIs - chests, shards and tomes are the obvious spikes, although depending on class make sure you have a level or 2 before doing a tome as you need to be able to AoE stuff down.
- Always do the quest, but usually I save it after I've grabbed some levels and loot, as it can be difficult. Likewise, if you get a key, go and do the optional boss as that gives great loot.
- Things are color coded with an outline around them, green>yellow>red, which indicates difficulty and reward.
- I usually check the shop on starting, then recall when I have 200+ shards and something I want to buy. Cloning a useful item, upgrading a talent to legendary etc. If you find a wishing well grab the item there though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i did the first run as the rat dude and got absolutely obliterated, then i tried twice with the ice lady and got closer (probably because i found more healing perks) but still failed. i will try not fighting anything unless it is at an event and see if i can get more out of the map.

on my last run i found the key and killed the mini boss even though he was a real fucker and it cost me a revive. not sure if it actually ended up being worth.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Amuys posted:

Nice! I really like unlocking the little lore blurbs. Pure builds are fun too!

I think Astral Purity is the easiest, though i haven’t done it since the last few changes to the teleport powers. Astrohunting+projection+master teleport+Fawdaa should still be incredibly good, though

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

I think Astral Purity is the easiest, though i haven’t done it since the last few changes to the teleport powers. Astrohunting+projection+master teleport+Fawdaa should still be incredibly good, though

before speed got capped lightning was the easiest purity to get. It might still be: it has an enormous amount of self contained synergy, although you'll always be a bit fragile.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cock hero flux posted:

before speed got capped lightning was the easiest purity to get. It might still be: it has an enormous amount of self contained synergy, although you'll always be a bit fragile.

yeah i think lightning is much harder now with speed cap. You’re not going to have a ton of defenses and it takes some gear effort to get your healing engine online

e: buffs!

quote:

version 0.9.8.9 closer
Pallas first prayer now gives +50% chance to block if it's fully charged
Pallas now transforms all shields into a larger Hoplon (Hit doubled, Block doubled), also transforms your class weapon if it is a shield
Sesha Knife now also deals astral damage to all enemies in a 2 tile range when you hit
Guard now adds % chance to block
Mindfighter (formerly Warrior of the Mind) now also gives 3% chance to block and +15 block per level
(internal) reworked the block % calculation to make it display more accurately
2 new tracks + other stuff

e2:

quad first, ape/warlock/exultite/azhdaha

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 29, 2024

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Fairly enormous One Bit Adventure update: "Dreams Come True"

https://www.onebitadventure.com/dreams-come-true-release-notes-v1-3-219/ Full log Way Massive so..

quote:

The time has come and the dreams are coming to life in OneBit Adventure! This update is currently rolling out to all platforms and is packed with many fulfilled suggestions made by the community as well as introducing Necromancer’s 2nd tier profession, Puppeteer! Welcome the 5 new dungeon entrances, 100 new Overworld chunks, Class-based leaderboards, Xp increase, quality of life improvements, and so much more! If you have read the previous post, this will be similar, but more finalized for what you can expect with this update and moving forward.

Necromancer’s New Profession – Puppeteer

Master of control with an army of undead ready to battle and chain reaction potential. Synergy between puppet types as well as being able to use skillpoints to maximize their potential. This profession will prove useful in overwhelming your foes and protecting the ones you summon to do the fighting for you. Transcended form has major changes allowing you to utilize your Extended Reach to deal damage from a far.

New 100 Overworld Chunks

I can’t stress enough of how much of a huge milestone this is. To put this into perspective, Overworld has 50 chunks, but only 30 are used after reaching a low step threshold. Repetition is one of the major flaws for OneBit and 100 new chunks will help fix that tremendously. I’ve also made chunks spawn more uniquely by preventing chunks to repeat by having the level generator go through 50% of the maps before repeating. New biomes will be coming in the next major update which will help create zones in the Overworld map so you can expect more variety and different enemies to appear in those zones.

More Spellcasting Improvements

You can now spam to your hearts content as the ability to re-cast a skin is now possible! This works for any spellcast that uses mana which includes Necromancer’s Beyond the Grave. The sound queue for activation will be muted upon re-casting and you can view how much mana you have on that screen!

More Xp and Less Grind for Level 70-100
I can now say the grind isn’t as much of a brick wall than it was before. Normal enemies now give 100% more scaling xp making the level up process in later stages a whole lot better.

5 New Dungeon Entrances

New Ruins Entrance
The world is becoming more alive with each new entrance! Caves, Ruins, Castle, Underworld, and Depths of the Sea have all gotten a touch up and will be a new standard for dungeons in general.

Customize Your Skill UI

A huge quality of life feature is the power to move your skills UI to wherever you want. You can make them big or small, invisible, align them, etc. As of now, the game saves portrait and landscape layout separately so you can cross sync and have 2 different layouts between Steam and Mobile.

New Class-Based Leaderboards – No Rewards At This Time

I have decided to hold back on giving rewards for class-based rankings in favor of introducing more unique rewards in the near future. Stay tuned, but for now, you can rank based off your class and see how much steps others are making in those categories.

New Overworld Official Soundtrack
Give thanks to the glorious Scotty Rich as he produced the new Overworld music which feels much more alive! Listen to the new Overworld music with this link to Spotify as well as all the music he has made for OneBit Adventure!

New Prestige Token

Some love resetting characters to grind back to 100 and others want to grind their character only once. Prestige Tokens are here to provide that option in the premium shop with choices of 1, 3, or 5 tokens and only works for Classic characters. These tokens will only be visible in the Prestige screen and the premium shop. You don’t need a token to prestige. Once you reach level 100, you can prestige for free or with the token to prevent resetting the character.

Final Thoughts
Thank you for your support and feedback. The 100 new chunks have been received very well in terms of reducing repetition throughout the game. I look forward to the many joys that this update will provide and stay tuned for the next major update as Pyromancer’s 2nd tier profession will be priority and much more professions throughout the year.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

flying siege golem

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Nintendo and Pokémon Company are famously litigious though.

If you're trying to make money off it is the key there. They almost never go after stuff unless money is changing hands. Pretty much every major takedown is tied to either "it became a for profit thing" or "It was a direct active competition with something they were putting out at the same time".

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Fairly enormous One Bit Adventure update: "Dreams Come True"

https://www.onebitadventure.com/dreams-come-true-release-notes-v1-3-219/ Full log Way Massive so..

How are the IAPs in this game?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok i defeated the first boss of ravenswatch. really poo poo all over it too. didnt come close to dying once. i still left a lot on the map but was much better about ignoring enemies in between the nodes and moving efficiently. also learned how to fast travel so that helped. this was the first time i actually unlocked my ultimate ability lol. that alone did half the boss hp.

is the event to get 15 rocks to build the guys house worth it? seems like a ton of time needed to collect all the poo poo

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Awesome! posted:

ok i defeated the first boss of ravenswatch. really poo poo all over it too. didnt come close to dying once. i still left a lot on the map but was much better about ignoring enemies in between the nodes and moving efficiently. also learned how to fast travel so that helped. this was the first time i actually unlocked my ultimate ability lol. that alone did half the boss hp.

is the event to get 15 rocks to build the guys house worth it? seems like a ton of time needed to collect all the poo poo

Yes, assuming you can can clear out a lot of enemies decently quickly. I would say doing it too early is a trap, and would recommend waiting till after you get some levels and items before taking the sidequest. Beating it nets you get a ton of exp and a legendary item. it's usually 3 minutes to gather the material and another 2-3 defending the house. Keep track of carts that you passed near the house as they will spawn material to gather once the quest starts.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

eris walks with me (on the path of lightning)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

resistentialism posted:

flying siege golem

how in the gently caress did you get three Finger 6es

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

technically it's 6, 7 and 8

but the fingers barely even mattered next to the silvermelt that cast a billion mercurizes, which produced a ton of metallic geists, that would then die to friendly fire from the cannons and come back as more siege golems. with little propeller hats

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 30, 2024

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Awesome! posted:

Razakai posted:

What are you playing as? Your damage should be a lot higher depending on who - I just played a game as Ice Queen where it died in the first stagger, although that was with a very strong run.
- Always Be Moving - this is the biggest tip. Don't slow down to fight trash unless they're stopping you from looting something. Prioritize zooming around to points of interest non-stop. The reason I had a strong run was because I got a few drops that made my ice skate ability have multiple charges and a reduced cooldown so I could just zip past enemies and grab the loot.
- When the game starts, take a minute to plan a route around the revealed PoIs - chests, shards and tomes are the obvious spikes, although depending on class make sure you have a level or 2 before doing a tome as you need to be able to AoE stuff down.
- Always do the quest, but usually I save it after I've grabbed some levels and loot, as it can be difficult. Likewise, if you get a key, go and do the optional boss as that gives great loot.
- Things are color coded with an outline around them, green>yellow>red, which indicates difficulty and reward.
- I usually check the shop on starting, then recall when I have 200+ shards and something I want to buy. Cloning a useful item, upgrading a talent to legendary etc. If you find a wishing well grab the item there though.

These are good tips. The big metagame element of Ravenswatch is really learning how to do things efficiently. That's managing your time spent traveling/fighting, prioritizing objectives that will give you the most strength for the time invested, and finding opportunities to multitask. An example of that last one is how the quest in the first zone often overlaps with another objects (e.g. collecting wood from mobs guarding a treasure chest).

The more you play, the more you'll get a feel for how to traverse the map and what objectives to go for at different stages of the game.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I just made an infinite damage loop in Achra

Attack and deal lightning damage with Electrokinesis -> Stormbringer prestige class ability applies freeze on doing lightning damage -> Ice Necklace deals ice damage on application of freeze -> Crystal Hand deals astral damage on dealing ice damage -> Auzomi Sash deals lightning damage on dealing astral damage -> return to Stormbringer ability

If the target dies, my unlimited range astral damage from Asi Malak kicks in and hits another target, starting the loop on them. I zone in, attack once, everything dies

e: okay sometimes I have to attack more than once. It doesn't chain infinitely, but anything that takes any damage at all takes infinite damage

e2: inevitable victory, finally got a Sorcerer win after many attempts. Might be my fastest win at 28 turns. It's a shame the run history screen doesn't record that.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 30, 2024

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Gave Ravenswatch another stab, decided to try a character that looked terrible on paper and plowed through it to victory on my first run on Melusine

I really like the style of the game but I think I just fundamentally don't like what they're going for here for a variety of reasons. I'll keep giving it a shot through patches, but I think there's some bedrock stuff here that I'm just not in love with.

Then decided since I was on a roll I'd check out the Astral Ascent armory patch and one shot D15 with Ayla. After playing this for awhile I have a lot of gripes, but the presentation is so charming and the combat so smooth I can forgive a fair bit of it. Game would be hugely improved for me if they changed a few things like moving cooldown abilities to per room/encounter instead of timers, dumping the terrible Zodiac challenges (I legit thought these were a one and done, but nope), or the slightly less terrible Andromeda's challenge (pace killer for a small upgrade). One of them is unfixable (spell spam in combat rendering the entire spell selection and gambit choices a mushy bowl of uninteresting fiddly number choices that all end up in the same place, mashing the spell button to deal max deeps).

Oblivion Override patched in endgame boss variants and Blazblue has been continuously patching small fixes (rather to my surprise), but I guess the game sold well enough to keep the team running in some capacity, but I haven't checked those or the new Roboquest or Gunfire or Last Spell updates out yet either (or Everspace 2, good god too many games updating rn!)

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

Gave Ravenswatch another stab, decided to try a character that looked terrible on paper and plowed through it to victory on my first run on Melusine
Melusine's the strongest character imo with very little contest, both soloing and in groups. She just does it all.

I'll stress again for people who don't like the timed stuff that there are now mutators you can apply to the game like for example removing the timer. That does make the game beyond trivially easy since you can just hoover up all the resources on each map, but it's fun for exploration and practice.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wafflecopper posted:

I just made an infinite damage loop in Achra

Attack and deal lightning damage with Electrokinesis -> Stormbringer prestige class ability applies freeze on doing lightning damage -> Ice Necklace deals ice damage on application of freeze -> Crystal Hand deals astral damage on dealing ice damage -> Auzomi Sash deals lightning damage on dealing astral damage -> return to Stormbringer ability

If the target dies, my unlimited range astral damage from Asi Malak kicks in and hits another target, starting the loop on them. I zone in, attack once, everything dies

e: okay sometimes I have to attack more than once. It doesn't chain infinitely, but anything that takes any damage at all takes infinite damage

e2: inevitable victory, finally got a Sorcerer win after many attempts. Might be my fastest win at 28 turns. It's a shame the run history screen doesn't record that.

Nice find, you should probably report infinite loops to the dev (steam comment works fine, usually). Interesting how different features work for people, i got a sorc win my first try but splatted several lightning Purity attempts before settling in on an Eris build

Loddfafnir
Mar 27, 2021
I don't think there is anything to report there. It's not really an infinite loop as the player is not stuck in this state once the screen cleared.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Captain Foo posted:

Nice find, you should probably report infinite loops to the dev

Yeah I posted it on the reddit and he's commented

Loddfafnir posted:

I don't think there is anything to report there. It's not really an infinite loop as the player is not stuck in this state once the screen cleared.

You're right, but maybe he feels it needs a nerf anyway

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 30, 2024

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
In most games, auto-win combos are considered a bad thing and they get patched out. In Achra, who knows?

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

In most games, auto-win combos are considered a bad thing and they get patched out. In Achra, who knows?

I don’t think it’s a big problem since it relies on getting a specific item. Maybe the dev thinks differentz

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The ultimate goal of any roguelike player is to not have to play at all

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

He’s patched out “going infinite” behaviors before

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Broken Cog posted:

The ultimate goal of any roguelike video game player is to not have to play at all

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

First try of Path of Achra. Won despite not being entirely sure what I am doing. Still fun though.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I dont know posted:

First try of Path of Achra. Won despite not being entirely sure what I am doing. Still fun though.

Beating the hell out of everything with Berserk, which is extremely powerful in early cycles as it’s a good way to escalate your speed. I’ve found it falls off in higher cycles as most things are really fast and there are better ways of improving speed than taking the top off your defenses.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

victrix posted:

Oblivion Override patched in endgame boss variants and Blazblue has been continuously patching small fixes (rather to my surprise), but I guess the game sold well enough to keep the team running in some capacity, but I haven't checked those or the new Roboquest or Gunfire or Last Spell updates out yet either (or Everspace 2, good god too many games updating rn!)

Yeah the Blazblue devs got rehired after being almost entirely laid off like two weeks after the game launched lol the new Roboquest update is nice but I'd like to have more enemy variety rather than weapons at this point.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Are there any other roguelikes with a Roleplay mode like Caves of Qud? I know ToME has something similar but I don't enjoy its gameplay. I put a whopping 70 hours into Qud after only a week of owning it because Roleplay mode is just the right amount of lethality for me and even if I die a new procgen adventure awaits without having to start from scratch and I could have an even more fun time :haw:

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Lakbay posted:

Are there any other roguelikes with a Roleplay mode like Caves of Qud? I know ToME has something similar but I don't enjoy its gameplay. I put a whopping 70 hours into Qud after only a week of owning it because Roleplay mode is just the right amount of lethality for me and even if I die a new procgen adventure awaits without having to start from scratch and I could have an even more fun time :haw:

I guess CDDA in a way?

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Captain Foo posted:

I'd say blood or death are the easiest since it's very very hard to die with the lifesteal. All the paths being different is what I like the most of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I know some RLs have a save/load feature if you enable it (eg Cogmind), but as for Qud's checkpointing semi-permadeath system... it seems pretty unique?