Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

This seems like a good thread for this link

http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Complete_Roguelike_Tutorial,_using_python%2Blibtcod

It's a tutorial on how to program your very own crappy roguelike in Python, one of the simplest programming languages in existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The problem is KS does just stay out of it. KS themselves aren't going to go out of their way to sue someone who ran off with the money or spent it all, and its relatively unlikely that 'investors' are going to bother with the process for what is a relatively small amount of money.

I'm not sure there has every been a case where a video game KS fell through after donations and anyone sued. There was that one dumb monopoly board game thing but even then, no one actually sued anyone, I don't think.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Actually someone sued a Kickstarter creator already:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/22/why-this-jilted-kickstarter-backer-decided-to-sue-why-he-was-right/

Yeah, it's obviously going to be difficult to get the developer of the CultRL kickstarter to cough up the refunds he's obligated to deliver, but that's kind of a separate issue. I could easily see one of the folks that backed it at the $500 level filing in small claims court, which is a fairly simple process and can result in the dev's wages getting garnished or something equally lovely for him. Since it looks like he didn't set up a corporation to receive the KS funds and liabilities, he could be on the hook for the whole $34,000 - which really isn't enough debt by itself for him to declare personal bankruptcy and have it discharged.

Yeah I knew about the stand thing, it raises some interesting issues, I said video game specifically cause I know more than one KS has resulted in court action.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Assuming that the KSs ToS is upheld in court, it'd need to be something that at least appeared to be as good as it's portrayed. He couldn't release a half-finished version of the game missing advertised features.

The part of it being a small amount to each user wasn't meant to imply that the courts wouldn't go with the claim based on that, that's immaterial, its just not really a big enough motivation for most people. If there's one really annoyed dude in that group of backers though, sure.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I feel like an rear end cause it feels like this has been asked but I didn't see it in a search, but is there any good Android roguelikes out there? Tiles would be nice, less rogueish stuff (FTL, Rogue Legacy) is ok too.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The endgame of Neo Scavenger was really really strange when I last played it.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Because sometimes people want to play women who are physically strong, or men who are dexterous. By imposing weird backwards rear end gender stat bonuses you're not only pushing this dumbdumb idea that heroic adventurers are unable to overcome a (miniscule) preference for physical strength in one gender, you're also limiting the number of potential choices for one gender for no reason. Comparing them to classes or even races isn't really accurate, unless you want to try and say that the biological differences between men and women are just as relevant as an Ogre and a Elf or a Wizard and a Fighter.

No one is saying women and men aren't genetically inclined to do certain things better than the other, it's just that genetic inclination isn't that strong and shouldn't really matter when you're talking about mythological beings.

As for the damaging stereotypes, women being physical weaklings who can't fight is kind of a Bad Thing(tm) and someone already mentioned another part where Charisma = Attractiveness in Women which, again, kinda baddumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Unormal posted:

FYI, Sproggiwood's on sale for $9.99 on Humble for 24 hours: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/sproggiwood_storefront

Here's some Steam keys for something that's not Sproggiwood. This may or may not be particularly interesting to people who want to help test CoQ on Mac & Linux:
0TTGH-BM4JF-J2R5D
M3WBK-40VQH-FKJ20
TQRQW-A8IIF-CF6LP
XAFQ9-80LZT-C4FHI
ABTHQ-LL3RG-FCIA3

Yessssssssssss