Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Since I see Meritous mentioned in the OP: anything else that plays similar to that game? I'm thinking more about the upgrading while also tracking down tons of monsters to slaughter. (And the whole no-thought playstyle.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

I've played a few roguelikes many times, primarily DCSS and Dungeons of Dredmore. I never get super far in these games though because the way I want to play - moving through things quickly - doesn't mesh with the slow, methodical play style the games require. I'd like a roguelike that I can complete in an hour or so. Any suggestions?

Though people argue it isn't really a roguelike, Cardinal Quest fits the bill.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Rings of Valor is rather nifty, if a bit oddly frenetic with all the hopeful team arena management and whatnot. Dev on it is essentially done, as he's currently after some manner of Mass Effect Roguelike project.

http://dowhilecompiling.blogspot.com/p/rings-of-valor.html

Download isn't working for me =/

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I wish Arcen would just fix the half dozen games they sell now instead of dropping a new one every three months.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Anyone try Dungeon of the Endless yet?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249050/

I've played a few (bad) games of it. I can't speak to balance since I'm still learning it, but it's pretty enjoyable.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

For some reason I saw ADOM and thought of IVAN, and figured a new nightmare was upon us.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I just played Brogue for the first time in over a year and enjoyed watching the auto function explore and fight it's way down four floors without my help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

wizards/wiccans, respectively.